SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NYMC or UB info?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Student10019, May 12, 2002.

1. Student10019

Student10019 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2002
    Has anyone heard anything recently from nymc and if so, when did you interview?

Also, any movement off the suny buffalo waitlist yet?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Student10019

Student10019 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2002
    Actually, I just found out i was put on the waitlist at NYMC too. Interview in mid march.

Does anyone know any info about that waitlist. How big? does it move? etc.

Any help would be appreciated as would withdrawals from both of those schools.
  4. c33

c33 Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2002
    I interviewed on 1/24 and was put on the waiting list on 4/6. last year, only 2 ppl got pulled off the waiting list, but the years before, there were a lot of waitlist movement. So hopefully, this yr'll be the same.

I was told by the admissions office when i called a couple of weeks ago that the waitlist won't start moving until June this year.
  5. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc 7+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Defintely Buffalo
    Do you guys know if you can find out were you rank on UB's waitlist.

HAve a great day

6. castaway

castaway Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2001
    New York City
    Hey, I interviewed mid-March and just found out I have been waitlisted at NYMC. When I interviewed, I had the feeling that it was too late to get an outright acceptance.
  7. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92' 7+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2001
    I interviewed Feb 4, waitlisted 2 weeks ago, and withdrew there after. It takes a good 11 weeks or so to hear. Sit tight and good luck.

DAVEBOWIE Junior Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I interviewed at NYMC mid-March and got my acceptance last week, so it looks like they haven't gone to the waitlist yet...

Anybody hear of any movement on the UB alternate list?
  9. izz-ay

izz-ay Member extraordinaire 7+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2002
    my place
    I interviewed at NYMC at the end of April, and the adcom chick there told us that we had as much chance of getting accepted as if we had interviewed in January. Obviously an exaggertaion, but wouldn't she have said if only waitlist spots were left?
  10. halajake

halajake New Member

May 12, 2002
    Interviewed at NYMC on May 2, received acceptance dated May 10. For those who have interviewed late...don't give up hope. The dean of admissions said it usually takes eight weeks to hear a decision.