NYMC Pet friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DonnyV17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I would throw this question out there... Out of all the schools i am considering, NYMC would probably the only one where i would l consider living on campus. My only problem is that i have a cat that i really dont want to get rid of. Therefore, how likely would it be to sneak him into one of those apartments if my roomates are cool with it??? Any thoughts? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

DonnyV17 said:
Figured I would throw this question out there... Out of all the schools i am considering, NYMC would probably the only one where i would l consider living on campus. My only problem is that i have a cat that i really dont want to get rid of. Therefore, how likely would it be to sneak him into one of those apartments if my roomates are cool with it??? Any thoughts? :confused:

I am a MS1 at NYMC, and have experience in that. A friend of mine (who is married and living in grasslands 1, the unfurnished apts) had a cat and asked the super about it. The super responded something along the lines of,"I enter you apt. once a month on day X with the exterminator and check your kitchen and bathroom. If I see your pet there are problems, if not then we are okay"

So.. their pet is locked up on that day every month in a bedroom. I would say don't bring the pet at first since you never know about the roommates reaction, (i have one roomy who admitly hates cats and wont let us have one) but if they are all good about it and it is a indoor cat go for it!!! I'll be jealous...

hey, I'm an MS1 at NYMC who was in your same situation last year...and wasn't gutsy enough to try to hide my cat. Hence, I live off campus. Good luck with your sneakiness though!