NYMC secondary available.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, So they gave me the webpage and everything...HOWEVER, they forgot to give me a user name and password at the bottom of the email!! Did anyone else get this blank email?

Members don't see this ad.

I got it too...no login name and password...

Add me to the list...

Members don't see this ad :)
add me to the list as well

gosh they are ahead of the game arent they :D

lol :rolleyes:

yup! me too! at least i'm not the only one...power in numbers!

I was just about to start a thread asking that. :) has anyone written to them or found out anything?

I just got a second email from them and they included the login and password the second time around...just wait and see.

thanks for the information!

Has anyone been able to even complete this thing? First I got error 2020 (the message I got was "cannot complete secondary application"). Now I'm getting error 500 ("Row cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been changed since it was last read").

I hate computers...

After the initial page with information about the secondary, when I click "continue" to start the secondary I get the message that the page cannot be displayed.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok i just emailed them that they didnt give me the password....

can someone please email them and tell them about the errors we are having? geez, I guess med schools can't get their acts together either!!!

sigh

I'm getting the same errors. Just wanted to join the club. Also, in my biographic information that AMCAS sent to NYMC, my DOB is listed as 17/12/1976 instead of 12/17/1976 - anyone else have this problem?

Yea,
I don't think it's a problem persay...it's just the way people in New York do things...
haha :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I received the login name and password but could not access the secondary due to more error messages. This whole process is an error! :eek:

I finally got past the first page, but I keep getting an error when I press "continue" on the second page. It says that I must fill in the field if I previously applyed to NYMC. I have filled it in at least a dozen times from the pull down menu and still the same error. Could someone who has gotten further in the application before other errors hit please tell me if there are any essays or short answers.
Thanks for your help...and good luck to all!

Originally posted by DesperatelySeekingMD:
•I finally got past the first page, but I keep getting an error when I press "continue" on the second page. It says that I must fill in the field if I previously applyed to NYMC. I have filled it in at least a dozen times from the pull down menu and still the same error. Could someone who has gotten further in the application before other errors hit please tell me if there are any essays or short answers.
Thanks for your help...and good luck to all!•

I'll bet you're using Netscape to fill out the secondary. For whatever reason, Netscape doesn't process the Javascript properly. I have gotten through the first page successfully in both IE and Opera, but Netscape just isn't happening (same thing you got).

Even in IE, when I get to the rec letters section and press continue, it tells me that one of my letters must be from a professor in my major (even though I had indicated that the second prof listed was from a dept in my major). I've found that you can correct this by listing the professor in your major first (NOT second or third - you'll get errors).

But all of this is fruitless. The problem now is that these errors (2020 and 500) won't let me get past the first page...

My DOB is backwards as well. Can't get past the second page with AOL browser.

I'm using IE6, but I still can't get past the first page .... :(

I emailed the link to this thread to the return address on the email. I haven't tried to access it, after getting one blank password/logon and then a real one, but thought this might help them square it away before I got on and tried (and spent $100!)

Spang

I'll bet you're using Netscape to fill out the secondary. For whatever reason, Netscape doesn't process the Javascript properly. I have gotten through the first page successfully in both IE and Opera, but Netscape just isn't happening (same thing you got).

Thanks for the help rxfudd. I tried IE6 from work this morning and I can't seem to get past the first page now. I guess that I will just have to wait and see if it clears up once the traffic goes down a little..which will give them a little more time to address the error messages.

Just called NYMC. They said that they are having system wide problems. They were very nice, but did not seem to know much at this point. There only advice was to call back in an hour when they would hopefully have more answers....

Yeah, I called too...they said to please be patient and try again later. I'm new, by the way...hi :D

an electronic med school application that is fraught with error messages? sounds painfully familiar.....

for the record i also get that error 500 or whatever and can't get past the first instruction page....

Hey,
the secondary seems to be working now... at least up to the page asking about letters of recommendation. They have spaces where you can fill in the info about your undergrad letters of rec if you don't have a committee letter...

Since I am using a committee letter, I shouldn't fill out the "optional" letters category, right? Sorry for such a silly question, but the optional letters section is on a separate page, so I wasn't sure what to do.

I can get to the third page, but it insists that I've gone to graduate school when I haven't, and wants me to fill out the graduate school letter of rec section! When I put N/A in the fields and try to continue, I get another error message. Anyone else have this problem?

For Berkeley grads, should we put in UCB for Premedical Committee anyway, even though it's not a Premed Committe and is a letter collection service?

I filled out the secondary this morning, but it doesn't ask for anything other than if you are related to any faculty or alumni, and who will be sending in letters of rec for you. no essays or anything?

spend 5 minutes filling it out, and pay your $100. easy enough.

I got to the fourth page. I'm using IE 5.0. I still can't get to the fifth page though to finish it up. Please let me know if anybody actually completed the app.

Originally posted by ssd:
•I filled out the secondary this morning, but it doesn't ask for anything other than if you are related to any faculty or alumni, and who will be sending in letters of rec for you. no essays or anything?

spend 5 minutes filling it out, and pay your $100. easy enough.•

ssd thanks for the infor. Did you get it to fully submit? When I just called NYMC they said that they had not received any successful admission, but the person I talked to also could have not been fully informed. His only advice to all of us who are having errors is to try again tonight when the bugs should be fixed and if by tomorrow you still can't successfully submit call them and they will update you.

you guys/gals who are having trouble submitting, just wait it out until the system is fixed. i am not sure whether i submitted successfully or not, i made it all the way through page 5, entered my credit card info, got the verification page that said my transaction was approved, then hit the final link that says "return to NYMC Medical School Admission" and received an error. so, my credit card has likely been charged, but i am not sure if the application has been sent to NYMC... just wait until it is fixed. there is no real hurry, i don't believe they have our full AMCAS yet.

i had the same experience as mdhopeful. i got to a confirmation page saying that the transmission was successful and that my credit card had been charged. whether they ever receive the application could be a separate matter entirely....

Every time I go to the link in their e-mail, my browser brings up a dialog box asking me if I want to download an executable file. Anyone else getting this error? I guess I'll just wait till they fix the bugs in their system. No rush, it's not like AMCAS is going to get around to submitting complete electronic applications this year anyway.

FYI - ssd and others - NMYC told me that my application was not received and to resubmit. after the versign confirmation page, there is one other confirmation page from NYMC that clearly tells you your secondary is complete, not just that your transaction is complete. good luck.

For all of you who were waiting to submit. Everything seems to be up and running now. I just completed the app and received the final confirmation page from NYMC without any problem. I then checked my status and it says that the app was submitted. Good Luck.