NYMC - should I call

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by X, Nov 19, 2002.

1. X

X

My app was complete at NYMC on 8/15, three months later, not a word. I am a cali resident....any other cali residents still waiting to hear from that for this long, or should I call them to see what's going on?

X

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. X

X

also for the people who got interviews or haven't yet. On their status page there is an option "Decision pending committee review." Was this on top with the other stuff after your file was complete or not? Or is this for after the interview?

X

4. uclabruins47

uclabruins47 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    that's after an interivew

5. Street Philosopher

call if you want. don't call if you don't want to.

6. zer0el

zer0el Sports Junkie

the same thing happened to me at nymc. my app was complete there in august (as in i sent in everything), but i didn't get an interview invite until today. apparently, at first they didn't get my LOR's, but then later found them (pretty lame). so my app wasn't listed as complete until october. dunno if the same thing happened to you.

7. Try giving them a call. A friend of mine called yesterday because he hasn't heard from them in 3 months, turns out they had lost his letters of rec. and they had been waiting for him to send them in. It seems they have a problem with losing stuff.

8. abw

abw Senior Member

Hey!
    I haven't heard from nymc since my file was complete in august either. For the people who had their lor's lost, did it still say on your app. status page the dates that your lor's came in?

9. T-bruin

T-bruin Member

I too sent my secondary in mid-august and didn't hear anything from them until today. They just e-mailed me an invite. It's my first! Be patient. They'll get to you.

10. nygirl6464

nygirl6464 Senior Member

i also just got invited for an interview today and my file was complete mid september with all lor. so i guess it takes a couple of months ....i am also a CA resident.

11. X

X

So I called them and they said they have everything.
    Can people with NYMC interviews please post stats - specifically science GPA. I wonder if that is what is holding me back (3.28).

thanks

X

12. zer0el

zer0el Sports Junkie

CA resident, traditional applicant, Asian male.

3.63 GPA, 34S MCAT.

13. NY Resident

Sci. GPA: 3.89

MCAT: 28P

14. X,

If you're concerned about your science GPA, don't worry about it. A friend of mine interviewed there last week and his was a 3.3. Your GPA is definently not a problem for NYMC.