NYMC Students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fireange17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming first year and am trying to decide whether or not to buy a laptop. I'm wondering how the classes are structured. Are there handouts that you can take notes on? Power Points that can be printed out before class? Basically, I won't bother buying a laptop unless it makes notetaking a lot easier. Please enlighten me! Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

You can get by fine without a laptop, but it will make your life easier and studying more flexible if you have one. Each class is organized differently, but most use powerpoint that you can print out or takes notes on with your computer. I dont think you should go to class either way, but that's another matter...

Each incoming med school class has a thread in the "Allopathic Class Threads" subforum, so try checking there. A lot of times these type of questions are already answered.

I'm an incoming first year and am trying to decide whether or not to buy a laptop. I'm wondering how the classes are structured. Are there handouts that you can take notes on? Power Points that can be printed out before class? Basically, I won't bother buying a laptop unless it makes notetaking a lot easier. Please enlighten me! Thanks in advance :)

I guess that it depends on your studying habits/note taking habits. I bought a new lappy and have used it daily for the constant email stream that we receive, procrastinating, etc. I dont lug it to class although I do know folks that do. PM me if you have questions