• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Limbo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So how is everybody going there? I've heard there's a bit of distance between NYC and Valhalla. What's the best way of getting to NYMC from the airport?

Buck Wild

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
Chicago
Status (Visible)
how long after your app was reviewed did you get your interview invitation?

just wanted a brief timetable on how long i expect to wait.

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Limbo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It's been complete since 8/14.

About the Ads

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i'm gonna take a cab to grand central station. and then train from there to valhalla. g'luck on your interiew kaos!

buck wild, they reviewed my application for 3 days before i got an interview invite. it's still early in the game, so don't worry if you haven't gotten an invite yet.

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Limbo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Never mind, I found it on their website. I'm just worried b/c the directions are geared to people who are driving. I'm definitely not going to be.

Wow, 3 days, joe joe!!??

BigRedStress

AMEX Black
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2001
Ithaca
Status (Visible)
hey does anyone know about how many they interviewed last year and how many subsequently got accepted? I really want to know and go in with the idea that I do have a X% shot of getting an acceptance.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Status (Visible)
According to USNews,

Here are the stats for two years ago (Fall 2001):

Applied: 6,088
Interviewed: 1554
Accepted: 655
Enrolled: 188

Hope to see some SDNers there on Nov. 18th!
:)

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Limbo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
According to Princeton Review.com, 20% of those who returned secondaries are given an interview. Of that 20%, 1/3 are accepted within 10-12 weeks.

bruinmojo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2001
New York
Status (Visible)
anyone interviewing at NYMC on the 21st of November?

Also, I had called in to confirm the date for the interview two days ago. The lady said she's going to send a confirmation e-mail to me soon. Did you guys get that immediately, or do I need to call her?

This has been my first interview as of yet, and I've received rejections from Vanderbilt (and Hopkins today)

CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2002
New York, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey BM,
I got my confrimation like a week after i called them. Also for anyone interested, i posted a thread about this a week ago, and I was told:
1) cab or bus to GCT from LaGuardia
2) Harlem North Train to Valhalla
3) Cab to NYMC

I called NYMC and they said it may be easier to get off at White Plains station and cab it from there. BTW, I don't know how much it will cost, but I dont think more than 10 bucks. And Bruinmojo, i will be there on the 12th, will anyone esle?

kiping

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2002
LA
Status (Visible)
hey,
i haven't gotten a secondary from them yet!! how long after you submitted your amcas did they notify you with your login for the seconday?

PrincessCKNY

Crown Royal Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
Philly
Status (Visible)
My interview will be on Nov 6th. :D I am soooo excited. It is my first interview invite. However, I am pretty freaked out...first time traveling alone. I can't seem to get ahold of the med student I contacted about overnight stay either. Oh well.

Good luck to all of you! :clap:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.