NYMC waitlist movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. TT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as an increasingly desperate waitlister, could we have some posts of people dropping their spots at NYMC, or if anyone has heard of any waitlist movement as of today? its really coming down to the wire now..ahhh

Members don't see this ad.

It's been so quiet here. No one has mentioned any waitlist movement in over a month. What's going on? When do they start classes?

Class will be starting in a few days... the wait will be over soon... hoping for good news this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
im waiting too...anyone hear anything?

Hello everyone. I am attending NYMC and I can tell you that orientation begins on July 31st, and classes start the following week. As of right now, the class is completely full. The only spots opening up will be those created by the last minute people who bail out. :luck:

Thanks for the info.

NYMC MD 2B said:
Hello everyone. I am attending NYMC and I can tell you that orientation begins on July 31st, and classes start the following week. As of right now, the class is completely full. The only spots opening up will be those created by the last minute people who bail out. :luck:

so I'm going to NYMC too, and I know that in the last week they've had about 7 spots open up. I'm basing this on the movement of the waitlist for on-campus housing. I'm on this waitlist and seen it move about 7 people, and I'm pretty sure the movement is caused by people bailing from the class. Hope you guys get the spots!

good to know. hopefully people aren't just deciding to move off campus. lets home we get some calls soon...

FenderHM said:
so I'm going to NYMC too, and I know that in the last week they've had about 7 spots open up. I'm basing this on the movement of the waitlist for on-campus housing. I'm on this waitlist and seen it move about 7 people, and I'm pretty sure the movement is caused by people bailing from the class. Hope you guys get the spots!

Unfortunately, this is not really a useful method of determining spots in the class. The opennings on the housing list have been created by people deciding to move off campus. I have spoken to two different people who decided to move off campus after receiving housing assignments that they did not like. In recent years, more people in the class have opted to live off campus at NYMC, and many people change their minds about housing right now because you can still get your deposit back

I know someone who dropped their spot on Monday 7/24/06.

anyone getting in??
i heard someone dropped mon, and wed

got a letter today saying they can't give me a spot in the class.

maybe some better luck next year...