NYMC Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

threeeyedfrog

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any NYMC wait-listed applicants out there???? If so, how long have you been on the wait-list? Do you know anything about its movement? Is there a high-priority, preferred or any other special designation or is everyone given equal consideration?

I applied last summer, inteviewed in mid-April was wait-listed last week.

Members don't see this ad.

threeeyedfrog said:
Any NYMC wait-listed applicants out there???? If so, how long have you been on the wait-list? Do you know anything about its movement? Is there a high-priority, preferred or any other special designation or is everyone given equal consideration?

I applied last summer, inteviewed in mid-April was wait-listed last week.

In past years, the waitlist moves between May 27th or so ( someone this year I think got accepted off the waitlist on 5/16) and then keeps active through July. I think everyone is in the same boat, because NYMC does not at least tell where you stand compared to others.

i'm withdrawing my acceptance from NYMC tomorrow, so that's one more spot that's open...best of luck to those still waiting to hear. :luck:

i was not waitlisted but interviewed in mid-april. just got the direct accept two weeks ago, so it seems like they tap into their waitlist kind of late compared to other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got off the waitlist today. Interview in October, WL in December

pyra said:
Got off the waitlist today. Interview in October, WL in December
Congratulations!!! Thats Awesome! Is this your first accept? Did you get an email? How did they contact you? Your patientence definetly paid off...WL since december damn

Homer Donuts also got in today! Congratulations! This means they are now starting to take people off the waitlist, maybe they are taking people off chronologically from when they were waitlisted, I wish!, but probably not.

Got off the waitlist today (interviewd in late March, waitlisted 9 weeks later)...but I declined my acceptance, so good luck!!!!

I know lots of people declining NYMC acceptances, so good luck.

Damn, that is good to hear b/c i'm waitlisted and waiting, booo... it's not fun. Anyone have any advice on what I could do besides sending a letter of intent? Good luck to everyone out there still waiting too :luck:

ZAZA67401 said:
Congratulations!!! Thats Awesome! Is this your first accept? Did you get an email? How did they contact you? Your patientence definetly paid off...WL since december damn

No I got accepted to Chicago Med (Ros Franklin), but I am declining there and accepting NYMC. I am so grateful to Ros Frankling bc my acceptance there definitely gave me peace of mind while waiting to hear back from the waitlists. I am also on 3 other waitlists still. I got an email yesterday morning saying that they will send an overnight package yesterday. Yay!

Declined my acceptance this morning. Good luck to all waitlisted at NYMC.

I got confirmation of my withdrawal this morning - so i hope that opens up a spot for others.

It was hard to let go of a school so close to the city.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats again to bluefly who got off the waitlist today. And good Luck to you guys Homer Donuts and ABCABC! Did anyone else hear anything today?

ZAZA67401 said:
Congrats again to bluefly who got off the waitlist today. And good Luck to you guys Homer Donuts and ABCABC! Did anyone else hear anything today?

I'm applying to NYMC this year. I was wondering if you guys don't mind what your MCAT and GPA scores look like. Goodluck getting in.

interview invitation in august, interviewed early october, waitlisted december, got in off waitlist today, but i immediately called and wrote to turn down my acceptance, so i hope one of you gets it soon!

interviewed in november, wait listed in january, just got taken off today (6/21). still contemplating whether or not to accept the offer because i have already accepted an offer at a DO school ten minutes from home (Western/COMP) thinking that nymc wasn't going to happen for me. these are my two top choice schools from the ones that i interviewed at....dilemma!!!! so don't count on me giving up my spot just yet. but good luck to all of you!!!! :luck: and any advice for me and my dilemma is also welcome :confused:

doktoobe said:
interviewed in november, wait listed in january, just got taken off today (6/21). still contemplating whether or not to accept the offer because i have already accepted an offer at a DO school ten minutes from home (Western/COMP) thinking that nymc wasn't going to happen for me. these are my two top choice schools from the ones that i interviewed at....dilemma!!!! so don't count on me giving up my spot just yet. but good luck to all of you!!!! :luck: and any advice for me and my dilemma is also welcome :confused:

Well are you sure you wanna be so close to home college having fun not being under the influence of parents etc, id go for the option a little further away ;)

Dave.G.C.A said:
Well are you sure you wanna be so close to home college having fun not being under the influence of parents etc, id go for the option a little further away ;)

well, i spent 4 years away for undergrad and had PLENTY of fun (trust me ;) ). i figure now may be the time when i'll need my family's love and support (not to mention the home-cooked meals and free housing) the most. i don't know...i'll sleep on it some more.

I just got off the waitlist!! Thank you Homer donuts :) I owe you big time b/c I'm definitely accepting the spot hehe... I interviewed end of April and got waitlisted early June... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITLISTED :luck: it's the best feeling in the world to wait for it and have it work out.

gillybean1112 said:
I just got off the waitlist!! Thank you Homer donuts :) I owe you big time b/c I'm definitely accepting the spot hehe... I interviewed end of April and got waitlisted early June... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITLISTED :luck: it's the best feeling in the world to wait for it and have it work out.
gillybean, congratulations!!! Did you get accepted today or yesterday?

ZAZA67401 said:
gillybean, congratulations!!! Did you get accepted today or yesterday?

yesterday! :) i wrote another letter after my letter of intent, giving them some recent info. i def. recommend keeping them posted/continue expressing interest!! woohooooo hope to see you in august :luck:

Hey Everyone, I will be declining my acceptance to NYMC tomorrow, June 23, 2005. I sincerely hope that one of you guys get my spot cause ya'll deserve it.

Peace everyone

i declined nymc acceptance this week too - good luck to all of you who are on the waitlist! i know how that feels like...just got off one myself

Anything new? Anyone heard yet this week? Just curious?

i just withdrew, good luck everyone!

congrats to those of you that got off the wait list!!!!

maybe a silly question but those of you that got off the wait list did you find out via email or through the mail?

Via email, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just start calling people.

hey guys,

has anyone heard anything from nymc?

i spoke to someone in admissions last week who implied that movement should be happening soon.

heres hoping for us all to get in!

thatthing05 said:
hey guys,

has anyone heard anything from nymc?

i spoke to someone in admissions last week who implied that movement should be happening soon.

heres hoping for us all to get in!

My roomate from college just received an email acceptance from NYMC this afternoon! Good luck to all still waiting!

hello!

anyone heard anything lately from nymc???

any word from the admissions office if movement is still occuring?

It's 5:00 on Friday, July 29th and I can finally stop imagining myself as a student on the NYMC campus...at least the waiting is over. For anyone else who was on the NYMC wait-list, better luck for your next application cycle...