NYMC Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singh0113

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding NYMC's waitlist:

1. Does anyone know when they start rejecting people from the waitlist?

Note: I called the school and was told they consider applications until the class is full, which can actually turn out to be the first day of classes in August. From what I gather, it seems that it is possible that people will not be rejected until August. I am trying to see if anyone has any experiences otherwise.

2. Does anyone know when they stop accepting people from the waitlist?

Note: Looking at previous threads, it seems that NYMC accepts people until mid-June. Has anyone been accepted later in July or August?

3. Does anyone have any positive experiences with sending Letters of Intent to the school?

4. If anyone has gotten in post-waitlist, can they please share their strategy and timeframe from waitlist to acceptance?

5. Does anyone know if NYMC employs a rank based system for their waitlst?

Note: Calls to their office suggested otherwise. In that case, I don't understand how they choose students off the waitlist.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I got in last year off of NYMC's waitlist. I do not know when they start rejecting WL'ed applicants, but it's possible that they don't until after orientation. I got in June 7th after interviewing in January and being waitlisted sometime in March I think. I sent update letters every 2 weeks, but did not send a letter of intent (Wake got that). I assume that there has to be some sort of rank based system (it can't be names in a hat), but I have no idea how they decide rank. My guess is that if you didn't get rejected immediately, then your chances are good. Oh, I also sent a thank you letter to my interviewer, but it might be too late for that now. Best of luck.

Thanks for the info :)

nockamura said:
I got in last year off of NYMC's waitlist. I do not know when they start rejecting WL'ed applicants, but it's possible that they don't until after orientation. I got in June 7th after interviewing in January and being waitlisted sometime in March I think. I sent update letters every 2 weeks, but did not send a letter of intent (Wake got that). I assume that there has to be some sort of rank based system (it can't be names in a hat), but I have no idea how they decide rank. My guess is that if you didn't get rejected immediately, then your chances are good. Oh, I also sent a thank you letter to my interviewer, but it might be too late for that now. Best of luck.

I sent a letter of interest/update letter a few months after I was waitlisted. I didn't think anything would come of it, but just a few weeks later i was accepted off the waitlist. So maybe that had something to do with it.