Nymc Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hypnotized20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had any information about the waitlist at NYMC. Is there usually a lot of movement in the waitlist? If so, when does the school begin accepting students from the waitlist?

Thanks.

Holla Back!

Members don't see this ad.

usually a lot, usually begins around may 15th, usually helps if u write a letter of intent to attend if admitted

I think the stat in 2004 was something like 700+ accepted for 180 or so spots (meaning very significant waitlist movement)

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how many kids do they accept initially before taking people from the waitlist?

i disagree i think they substantially overaccept knowing that NYMC is not many people's first choice school, then once may 15th rolls around they fill the remaining spots from the waitlist, there's no way they accept ~650 off the waitlist that late

i disagree i think they substantially overaccept knowing that NYMC is not many people's first choice school, then once may 15th rolls around they fill the remaining spots from the waitlist, there's no way they accept ~650 off the waitlist that late

good point

on a tangent...has anyone who interviewed in the first half of november or later heard back yet?

Yea, I interviewed in early November and got a letter in the mail around DEC 20th for the alternate list

Before 11/6? Because I haven't heard anything yet and that's when I interviewed.

BTW, I just called the admissions office and it's closed today??

I hate unresponsive admissions offices! Especially when they take impromptu holidays.

i interviewed 11/14 and have yet to hear. they did note it could take 10 weeks or more. ::patiently waiting::

hey guys i interviewed, on oct. 31st, halloween, and got my acceptance via email dec. 20th. goodluck to everyone!!!!!

bump for late night ballers