NYMC waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almondjoy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
... does anyone know if there's been any movement their waitlist any info would be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

My co-worker just got in a few minutes ago.

...congrats to your coworker...

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my acceptance today. i interviewed on the second to last day -- april 29th.

its my first one. im so happy!

How many people usually get off the WL?? In previous years has there been a great deal of movement??? when I called the admissons office they gave me absolutely no information....
ugh... this waiting is gonna be the end of me
:confused: :confused:

I got off the waitlist last wednesday and notified them of my withdrawl from NYMC on Monday, so there should be a spot opening up. Good luck!

Since NYMC is such a big, expensive private school that is not highly ranked, the waitlist keeps rolling along quickly until the first day of class. Many people use NYMC as a safety school so people decline as soon as they are accepted off someone else's waitlist. Drexel has a similar situation; it's even bigger than NYMC. Keep your hopes high.

NYMC has a beautiful campus and the nicest group of students that you will find at any school. If it didn't cost an arm and a leg (of each of my family members), I could see myself being very happy there.

-Eric

thanks so much for the info

thanks so much for the info

One last thought...

NYMC interviews well into April, so they are still accepting students from these interviews until June. This could cause some delay in hitting the waitlist.

NYMC is an awesome school even if it isn't ranked! I loved my interview there and the students that I met there were fantastic!
It was the last day for our med student from NYMC and he was great! We'll miss him!

Anyway, good luck to all who will be attending NYMC! I'll pray for those on the waitlist! If it offers any hope, I gave up my spot (my first acceptance snif..snif) a month ago!

Good Luck!

Shme

....just got in....can't believe it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by almondjoy
....just got in....can't believe it...

Congrats, almondjoy! Are you gonna go?

thank you....I think I'll be going... my first acceptance...

Yay! Congrats Almondjoy!

Hi,

First off, congrats to all those who were accepted to NYMC from the waitlist. I was very impressed with the school based on my little time there.

Secondly, for those who were accepted off the waitlist, I was wondering if you received notification via phone, snail mail, or email? Was anything reflected on the status page? I am currently on the waitlist after interviewing on January 8.

Thank you for the help,

--Vinoy

vinoyp- I interviewed in early Feb I found out today- they sent a letter by airborne.

Thank you almondjoy.

--Vinoy

i intervterviewed in mid april and was notified of acceptance around May 15th.

I just got off the waitlist at my first choice so I.m giving up my NYMC spot as we speak. I also think I would have been pretty happy with my experience there, just gotta go with a cheaper state school.

Good luck all

does anyone know if nymc offers full or half tuition scholarships? i just got an email asking if i still want to be on the waitlist.

They offered me a $17000 scholarship. Its wasn't a real scholarship though because around $10000 of it was interest free loans and the rest was actual money given to me. 10k of interest free loans for 4 years from the school is still pretty sweet though. It made it harder for me to give up my spot there, but I really liked USF much better.

hey! i will be sending in my withdrawl to NYMC this week. i am headed to some cold VT winters. good luck to all of you still waiting.

Hey guys- I got off the waitlist last week and withdrew last week. I interviewed in October...GOod luck!!

looks like I'll be giving up my spot this week. I got off the waitlist at my state school and while I think that NYMC is great (especially in the peripheral benefit areas) and I'd love to make the emotional decision, I'm going to make the responsible (a la save +200K) and give up my spot. Good luck to everyone waiting.

bump

Just saw some people add to the official waitlist thread, and thought they might want to add here, as well as whether they will be accepting NYMC's offer.

Thanks,

--Vinoy

Hi guys,

I just got in yesterday off the waitlist! I'm going there as of this moment since it's my first acceptance. I'm still on five other waitlists, so we'll see what happens. Good Luck to everyone!

Shreebee