Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NYMC what's up?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My application has been complete since sept 28th and nothing!!!!! Is NYMC like weak-ass UCI where they review the applicants with high GPA/MCAT first and work their way down the list or what? Has anyone with a similar waiting period still wondering what's going on?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    My app was complete there since Halloween. The best was their fake interview email. I read the subject line (this was during winter break), ran into my parents' bedroom at 2:30am to wake them up to tell them I had an interview, then spent 20 minutes reading the email and getting happy cuz I knew someone on the student host list from college.

Then I read the next 2 apology emails and went crazy.

NYMC sux. Did I mention I would love to go there?
    :mad:

4. Ibis

Ibis Senior Member

OUCH!! That's awfully harsh. They should give you an interview just for screwing up like that!

5. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    Damn Straight! Too bad they did this to 1000 applicants!

6. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks you for your comments Dr. Foxy, that was really ****-d! up, does anyone else have any other comments

7. darkmatter

darkmatter Senior Member

Good Lord, that's awful Dr. Foxy! They shouldn't play around with our emotions like that. What's the reason behind the error?

8. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    Their computers messed up and they accidentally invited 1,000 applicants to an interview over email. They're sick!

9. KDocGirl

KDocGirl Senior Member

Sorry to hear that Dr. Foxy. That kind of mistake just shouldn't happen. It's like saying you won the lottery and then saying, whoops!, computers jacked up and gave all the same numbers out, so you're SOL. :mad:

As for my app, it's been complete since october, and nothing has happened since. Still idling and waiting... :rolleyes:

10. darkmatter

darkmatter Senior Member

Clitch or no glitch, what it amounts to is an unwarranted dose of heartbreak. You shoul get your money back if you end up rejected by these people.

11. trout

trout Senior Member

Mine was complete oct 28 and last week I got an interview invite

12. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member

My application was complete on September 26th and I got an interview on October 3rd. I don't think they do the automatic screening thing cuz if they did I wouldn't have gotten an interview so quick with a 3.5 cum GPA (upward grade trend though) and 28 MCAT. I think they must have screened my app fully initially, considering my stats--if that helps you at all.

13. darkmatter

darkmatter Senior Member

Megkudos, are you going to NYMC? I still haven't heard a thing from them since the interview 2 months ago.

14. Supafly MD

Supafly MD Senior Member

I don't know about NYMC. Looks like they've had a lot of administrative probs this year.

They actually lost track of my application. They told me it was complete via phone in Nov., then sent me an email in January that it was incompleted. As soon as I mentioned their inconsistency, they changed my application status to COMPLETE.

WEIRD!!!

---Veggie

15. Dylann FMD

Dylann FMD Senior Member

Well, I can tell you for a fact that don't start at the top of the MCAT/GPA and work there way down. I have extremely high stats (4.0, 39), and my application was complete 9/26, and I still haven't heard from them. I doubt I would go for an interview at this point, but I find it strangely amusing, since its statistically the worst school that I applied to and is the only one I didn't get an interview invite from.