LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
I've been complete here since Aug. 23rd and I still haven't gotten an interview. Does anyone know if they are through sending out invites?
I kind of want to call them and let them know I am still alive but I have no idea what to say... Maybe I should ask them when I can expect to hear any news. Advice anyone? -Lorin

Columbia22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2003
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Status
the school interviews right into end of may, and will send out acceptances up till the 3rd week of August, literally. My advice to you would to just keep in touch with the admissions office, call them every now and then, and if you're real serious about the school, letters would also help

OP
L

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
End of MAY??? wow - I'm sure you know better than me since you apparently already go there but my MSAR book said end of April. That's why I was assuming that they had sent out all of their invites already.
Anyway thanks for the information.

Also, anyone else who reads this:
If you have been invited for an interview recently, when were you complete?

Bigsheed920

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
NY
Status
It's not over till it's over. I would write a letter of intent and get them to know your name or call. An invite might come your way. Best of luck.

fuzzyerin

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
The last interview invites will be going out for NYMC in the next two or so weeks. This is per the Director of Admissions. Just a heads up.

bh88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
fuzzyerin - hey how did you correspond (email, phone, person, ?) with the director of admisisons? (is that ms chiarieri?) just wondering, thanks!

fuzzyerin

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I'm actually a fourth year at NYMC. I know this because I do the morning orientations and Carolyn (the Director) has been saying this all week to the applicants, so I figured I'd be nice and spread the word.

As far as contacting the office, I'd say you're probably best off with a call. At least that way you have some living breathing person who has to answer your question immediately versus the potential of ignoring an email. Just my 2 cents.

nycmed8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status
calling is hard because in my experience they are always gruff and refer you to the online status page, which is so useless when it hasn't changed in over six months. The office of admissions has been pretty much mean to me when I call! ;-)

OP
L

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
I called yesterday and the woman who answered was actually very nice to me. She told me if I were going to be given an interview I would hear by april. So I guess, yeah, I should be hearing within the next two weeks, for better or worse. I just really wanted to stay in NY and this school was my last hope of being able to do that. Oh well. -L.