NYU 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairyqueen

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news from NYU for 2012 application, please share

Members don't see this ad.

nope...

hey tooth fairy i see ur pretty active ...keep the good work going...

i will keep updating from my side too...i am still sending the supplementals...

jope all of us get into the program..

good luck!!!

Any news from NYU for 2012 application, please share

NYU's deadline is in december. Do they have rolling admissions? Any info/experience on what's the earliest they start sending interview calls by? or do they wait until december.
(I have similar question for some other univ's too. I'll post them in individual threads to avoid confusion)

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU's deadline is in december. Do they have rolling admissions? Any info/experience on what's the earliest they start sending interview calls by? or do they wait until december.
(I have similar question for some other univ's too. I'll post them in individual threads to avoid confusion)
they strt inerviewing in january after application cycle ends, from jan to march they have rolling admissions

As all of you applied for the NYU already,I am planning to apply for the next cycle.I have a question regarding reference letters required by NYU.
Would these letters be closed in an envelop and sealed by the stamp of dental school from where you graduated.I have heard different things everywhere.So i wanted to make sure,how would it look like.DO they accept notarized copies of that or they want original ones.
Thanks to all of you ,i'll appreciate if please kindly let me know as i'll be flying to my country soon,and i'll be there so want to get those from my school
Anything else besides recommendation letters?

As all of you applied for the NYU already,I am planning to apply for the next cycle.I have a question regarding reference letters required by NYU.
Would these letters be closed in an envelop and sealed by the stamp of dental school from where you graduated.I have heard different things everywhere.So i wanted to make sure,how would it look like.DO they accept notarized copies of that or they want original ones.
Thanks to all of you ,i'll appreciate if please kindly let me know as i'll be flying to my country soon,and i'll be there so want to get those from my school
Anything else besides recommendation letters?

They do not require you to send sealed transcripts or original LORs...notorized copies will do. Pls read their website carefully..and give them a call to ask any question you like.

Hey all

I just gt my part 1 results today. Got 84 . With this score should I bother applying? My stats are 84/114/3.4. MPH with a GPA of 3.92 and 3 months observership under a US dental professor. Have no dental experience in my home country.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey all

I just gt my part 1 results today. Got 84 . With this score should I bother applying? My stats are 84/114/3.4. MPH with a GPA of 3.92 and 3 months observership under a US dental professor. Have no dental experience in my home country.

Thanks
You are asking like if someone says NO and then you won't apply! What's your plan if you don't apply for DDS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all

Thanks

Dear 'not so messed up',

You should start writing your personal statement, research which schools you want to apply to and gather documents for CAAPID and other schools.All this is time consuming and you should start soon.I cannot guarantee whether you will get in but one thing is for sure,if you dont apply,then you wont get in.Good luck!

Hi, i have a question, Is is better to apply late to NYU???
i have already sent my application to NYU and even got an application complete email.one of my friends told me that it is better to apply late as this is too early for NYU. Do you think applying early will hurt in any way?????
thank you.

Hi, i have a question, Is is better to apply late to NYU???
i have already sent my application to NYU and even got an application complete email.one of my friends told me that it is better to apply late as this is too early for NYU. Do you think applying early will hurt in any way?????
thank you.

If it is going to hurt, are you going to withdraw your NYU application and submit it later?Why don't you use your own judgement rather than blindly believe what some fellow competitor says?

If it is going to hurt, are you going to withdraw your NYU application and submit it later?Why don't you use your own judgement rather than blindly believe what some fellow competitor says?

Thank you.

as far as my knowledge goes I have been accepted in NYU this yr with 84 and lower GPA.......

hi my nbde score part 1 80
toefl 102
gpa 3.06
green card holder
2 yr clinical experience in india
and as a shadowing in private dental office and voluntary work there ,,,in usa..
i apply in nyu these year ,,,,can i send supplemental application early or later,,
can any chance for me?
pls reaply
:(:(:(:(:(

Just saw the thread......there were some posts about sending reference letters to NYU.I thought we had to send them to CAAPID and not to NYU direct.I just sent the Photo,notarized copies of the diploma and score cards and got the ADA and TOEFL scores sent direct to NYU.Please tell me whether I did all right.

hey guys , i applied to newyork dental school i month ago...still havent got any email from dental school...did anyone get email from school about application completion. ...i really want to get into this school...my stats are ..90/ 100/3.23:)

as far as my knowledge goes I have been accepted in NYU this yr with 84 and lower GPA.......

Congrats on your acceptance begotted BDS ... did u appear for part 2 as well ? COuld you share your complete stats with work experience :)

Got an application complete e-mail from NYU a couple of days back.

Hi, I am applying for the NYU program, I just wanna ask if ECE is required to be sent,,,,with the supplemental documents,,,,and if I can send the documents and still the CAAPID application not reciecved to their ofiices, and finally how much time it needs CAAPID to send the application to the university? Thank you in advance....

do they consider applicant with less than 95 in toefl ???did anyone try to ask them ?

Hi, I am applying for the NYU program, I just wanna ask if ECE is required to be sent,,,,with the supplemental documents,,,,and if I can send the documents and still the CAAPID application not reciecved to their ofiices, and finally how much time it needs CAAPID to send the application to the university? Thank you in advance....
send ECE to caapid instead
caapid usually sends out ur application within a few days or maximum 1 week, usually on thursdays.
other unis dont mind if you send the supplement documents beforehand, but you will have to confirm with NYU.

do they consider applicant with less than 95 in toefl ???did anyone try to ask them ?
hey...its never adviced to take chance...they are very strict with TOEFL...not only NYU, but most of the universities atleast want candidates to have minimum scores...hope this helps...

How long does it take to get an application complete email after all documents have been sent?

Hey , is everyone here recieving mails from nyu regarding that abu dhabi seminar, or its just me ?? and is anyone attending it??? that mail which says " chance to meet . . . . . . Member of IDP " . .. i recieved that mail around 3-4 times... :idea:

no ....i did not received mail..
Hey , is everyone here recieving mails from nyu regarding that abu dhabi seminar, or its just me ?? and is anyone attending it??? that mail which says " chance to meet . . . . . . Member of IDP " . .. i recieved that mail around 3-4 times... :idea:

ORGANIZER –
The American Student Dental Association(ASDA) Pre-Dental Committee at UCSF is organizing this event to help and prepare new DDS aspirants for their dental school interviews. This event is mainly looking to serve IDP-2011 UCSF interviewees, so spaces are very limited for non-UCSF applicants(first come, first serve manner). ASDA Pre-dental Committee members consist of current International Dental Students (IDP) who are actively involved in this event and will be able to help you during the event.

Event –
Saturday, Oct 15th,2011
10:30 AM – Registration
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Interview Presentation and Tips Workshop
12:00 PM to 12 :30 PM – Question Answers Session
12:30 PM to 1:00 PM – Lunch and meet IDP Students
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM – One on One Mock interview by panel of current IDP Students

Venue –
University of California San Francisco Medical Center,
• Room No – N-225 (Nursing Building)
• 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143

Contact –
Krunal Sherathiya and Shreyas Oza at [email protected]

FAQs - See website for details - http://idpevent.eventbrite.com/

Disclaimer –
This is a non profitable event and organized by the of ASDA Pre-Dental committee. The motive behind organizing this event is to help new DDS aspirants of international origin to have a more relaxed interview process. UCSF School of Dentistry and International Dental Program at UCSF or any faculty of the UCSF School of Dentistry is not a part of this event and is not liable for any information provided during this mock interview and tips workshop. Please do not call or email UCSF School of Dentistry / International Dental Program / Faculty or Staff with questions in regard to this event. Attendance at this event does not influence your application at UCSF School Of Dentistry in any way.
Please contact: [email protected]
for more information.

Did anybody hear from NYU regarding interviews for International dentist programme.

Hi, should I request ECE course by course or not ,,,,,,,,,please,,,I need a help

Hi, should I request ECE course by course or not ,,,,,,,,,please,,,I need a help

Dont get you! Have you not applied yet for ECE? Not taken NBDE as yet? Why are you posting in NYU thread? Of course you should request ECE course-by-course evaluation and order extra copies at the same time since if you order later they charge more for each copy. I hope you are aware that you need to have ECE evaluation report sent to JCNDE before you apply to take NBDE part 1.

Dont get you! Have you not applied yet for ECE? Not taken NBDE as yet? Why are you posting in NYU thread? Of course you should request ECE course-by-course evaluation and order extra copies at the same time since if you order later they charge more for each copy. I hope you are aware that you need to have ECE evaluation report sent to JCNDE before you apply to take NBDE part 1.

NOOOOOOO, I mean ,,,,,official copy for NYU.........Why I am posting here?!!! I am an applicant for the NYU advanced placement program,,,,and BTW ,,I finished part 1 and 2,,,,,,,,,,,so what I mean is that NYU NEED TO SUBMIT AN OFFICIAL COPY OF ECE COURSE BY COURSE EVALUATION..OR NOT.......

NOOOOOOO, I mean ,,,,,official copy for NYU.........Why I am posting here?!!! I am an applicant for the NYU advanced placement program,,,,and BTW ,,I finished part 1 and 2,,,,,,,,,,,so what I mean is that NYU NEED TO SUBMIT AN OFFICIAL COPY OF ECE COURSE BY COURSE EVALUATION..OR NOT.......

:smack: --my mistake -- I read it - as if you meant to ask if you need to submit Course-by-Course or other ECE type...- Apologies!

Anyways, to answer your question - I don't think you need to submit official copy of ECE to NYU - Because they haven't asked for one on their website:

The following documents must be sent to CAAPID:
  1. 3 letters of recommendation (1 from the Dean and from a Faculty member of your dental school).
  2. An official course-by-course credential evaluation of your transcripts by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Applicant/notarized copies of these reports are not accepted.
The following documents must be sent to NYU College of Dentistry directly:
  1. A Notarized copy of your Dental Degree/Diploma. Please do not submit Provisional Certificates or License Registration.
    • If your Diploma is not in English, please submit a notarized copy of the translation.
  2. A Notarized copies of your Dental Mark sheets/Transcripts.
    • If your Dental Mark Sheets/Transcripts are not in English, please submit a notarized copy of the translation.
  3. The official score reports for both National Board Part 1 and TOEFL, must be sent to the Admissions Office directly from ETS and the ADA; we do not accept the Candidate's Copy you receive from the ETS or ADA. You will need to manually enter your scores on the CAAPID application.
  4. A non-refundable application fee of $100, made payable to NYU College of Dentistry.
  5. 1 color photograph (2x2 Passport size picture).
  6. Upon Admission into the Advanced Placement Program, an official copy of the ECE course-by-course evaluation is required to be sent to the program.
  7. If you are enrolled in a Graduate/Masters Program within the USA or Canada, please submit official transcripts.
  8. Please do not submit any additional documents such as, High School Transcripts, Certificates, and/or Publications.