1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

NYU, anyone

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Sep 19, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

have you guy heard from NYU?? post card, letter?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay
    7+ Year Member

ALI-

I too haven't received anything from NYU so I called them. The lady said that they are very busy at the moment, and so have not started putting our files together. She told me to check back in about two weeks.

I did however see a post not too long ago that mentioned students were interviewing there already. Hmm....I hope not.:eek:

4. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

I called NYU last week and they said, "call back in two weeks"
    I think that is all they ever say

5. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer
    10+ Year Member

NYU is one of the more applied-to schools. Their applicant pool is HUGE.

When I applied on my second attempt in 1999, I submitted all of my stuff at the beginning of October (that was the earliest date back then when only the paper version was available). NYU had such an avalanche of applications that year that they didn't give me an interview until June 2000 (!), and that's only because I constantly called and badgered them about my application, and one of the residents at Bellevue's Oral Surgery unit right across the street (where I observed procedures) was nice enough to ask them about my app. In the end I got accepted by NYU, but I decided to go to the University at Buffalo instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys don't hear from NYU for a while... A LONG while. :D

6. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The best way to know what is going on with your application is to e-mail them. I called them over the phone a couple of times and everybody would say call at the end of september. So I e-mailed them using the address in the aadsas instruction booklet and they e-mailed me the next day giving me an update of my app. Good luck to all!