NYU Class of 2008 COUNTDOWN!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissionComplete

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Less than 2 weeks to move-in!!!

Let's keep a running list of when people are moving in, where they're living, and where we're going out to party!

Members don't see this ad.

dito!

move-in, less than 12 days away.

Members don't see this ad :)
im also in rubin,... although not too excited about going back to freshman dorms- it does, however, look like a real social and fun place to live and meet our classmates- with a lounge and roof for bbq's,etc anyone know any good bars in the area? im hoping to go down to the city this weekend to check things out- see ya all soon!

I actually live in this area now so moving in is going to be pretty easy.

Great cheap bar on 34th/2nd called Hook & Ladder. Buy 1 get 1 one free drinks!

On 3rd avenue, the world's your oyster. It's all bars and cheap eats from 35th to 23rd. A new bar is opening in the next 3 weeks on 34th and 3rd so I'm sure there will be plenty of specials.

I too am super excited to start!

theres a ton of bars on 2rd ave

anyone taking that molecular bio placement exam? i took a biochem class at cornell but the notes on the website are tough - think we're ready for it??

bufer1 said:
anyone taking that molecular bio placement exam? i took a biochem class at cornell but the notes on the website are tough - think we're ready for it??

I too took biochem (autotutorial) at Cornell. The stuff on the web looks pretty straight forward but with a pass/fail curriculum what's the purpose of placing out? I'd rather chill in class and reinforce the material than stress about an exam before school even starts. Orientation looks awesome why ruin it with studying?

But to answer your question, I think we're pretty ready for it, if it's fresh in your head, otherwise, I think it'd take at least 2 weeks of prep.

who do i have to sleep with to get into nyu?

MissionComplete said:
I too took biochem (autotutorial) at Cornell. The stuff on the web looks pretty straight forward but with a pass/fail curriculum what's the purpose of placing out? I'd rather chill in class and reinforce the material than stress about an exam before school even starts. Orientation looks awesome why ruin it with studying?

But to answer your question, I think we're pretty ready for it, if it's fresh in your head, otherwise, I think it'd take at least 2 weeks of prep.

is the auto biochem hard? my b/f took it too but it was awhile back, and I was thinking of taking it next yr. thanks!

Quynh2007 said:
is the auto biochem hard? my b/f took it too but it was awhile back, and I was thinking of taking it next yr. thanks!

Well I took it concurrently with organic so it was tough. Great class, learned alot, but prepared for weekly assignments.

moving in on Thursday the 19th... Rubin... too bad is not greenberg or Skirball... Skirball is so nice...
Anyone wants to go to a bar Thursday night after moving in...

pbny said:
Anyone wants to go to a bar Thursday night after moving in...

I'm sure we'll all bump into each other while moving in to Rubin but I'm down.

Anyone else for an NYU nightcap?