toothart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
Just wanted to start the official thread for NYU 1st years, anyone have any questions? I am pretty excited to be heading there, not only is it NYC, but i truly look forward to learning something different as does my twin brother :thumbup: . Hope to you see those who join this thread, this coming August.

ducksoup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
Status
Hi there! Congrats on your decision! I am so excited about starting at NYU in the fall. I really can't wait.

What are your plans until then? When are you moving? Have you figured out where you are going to live?

I'm working a crap job until this summer as a waiter, and then I will be traveling to Hawaii for a few weeks with my wife (she is from Hawaii), and then we'll come back and try to move in late july.

Are you nervous about getting housing? I bought a bunch of books about living in NYC that are interesting. It seems like you can't really "plan ahead" in terms of getting a place to live. You kind of just get one right before you move there.

Anyway, congrats again and see you in August! Let me know if you have any questions too.

Pi__Guy1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Status
ducksoup said:

Are you nervous about getting housing? I bought a bunch of books about living in NYC that are interesting. It seems like you can't really "plan ahead" in terms of getting a place to live. You kind of just get one right before you move there.
QUOTE]

Very true. Realtors won't appreciate you if you are looking for an apt w/ a move-in date 3 months from now. Apts here are in great demand and realtors recommend not looking for an apt until 2 weeks (tops) from your move-in date.

G'luck to all the first years. BTW, they're finally renovating the clinics here. May - July, the entire 5th floor will be remodeled w/ new clinic chairs, supply desks. The other floors will be remodeled at a later date so hopefully by the time you guys enter clinics, you'll be practicing in all new chairs...

RxTech

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
Matawan, NJ
Visit site
Status
ducksoup said:
What are your plans until then? When are you moving? Have you figured out where you are going to live?

Are you nervous about getting housing?
Duck,

We're planning to move probably 2 or 3 weeks before class begins, but that all depends on how fast we can find a place. We're hoping to find something close to school, however, that might change as well because prices get quite steep as you get closer to the college. Honestly, housing is my last concern right now, I just want this semester to end on a good note. Btw, nice job on that scholarship.

OP
toothart

toothart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
Just like my brother said, we will worry about housing later on. It would be best to get in touch with any fourth years who reside in the area and who may be leaving a lease. The landlords love to have someone move right in after the previous students to avoid any realtor fees and advertising. We will keep you updated on anything new, but whoever gets in tough with the housing deparment first should post any pertinent info.

maski

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2004
Status
Well, I just decided on NYU today. I'm so nervous about everything. I'm from Florida and I've always been around friends and family here. I don't know anyone in New York and it's going to be quite a challenge for me. I hope I'm ready to take on New York.
I guess I'm excited just the same as I am nervous.

lake04

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2004
Status
Congrats to you all!

I was hoping someone could answer these questions:

-how full is the class
-how many applications have they received
-what is the waitlist policy and how often are people taken off

As you can tell I'm a prospective member of the class of 09

any info would be great! thanx!!! :)

QuietGuy

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2004
Status
lake04 said:
Congrats to you all!

I was hoping someone could answer these questions:

-how full is the class
-how many applications have they received
-what is the waitlist policy and how often are people taken off

As you can tell I'm a prospective member of the class of 09

any info would be great! thanx!!! :)
This is what I know as of late January when I interviewed there:

1. The tour guide said that the class is half full.
2. I think they have 2000+ applicants. She said that they accept 75% of interviewees.
3. Sorry I don't know anything about the waitlist.

Good Luck!!

ducksoup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
Status
maski said:
Well, I just decided on NYU today. I'm so nervous about everything. I'm from Florida and I've always been around friends and family here. I don't know anyone in New York and it's going to be quite a challenge for me. I hope I'm ready to take on New York.
I guess I'm excited just the same as I am nervous.
Congrats and welcome! See you in August! You will love living in NYC.... And there will be many others in a similar position (away from friends and family), so don't worry.

SCTrojanChic

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
YAY NYU CLASS OF 2009!

Let's all have a drink after the first day of class! If we can find a bar big enough to hold our whole class. Hehe.
Rumor has it they are somewhat cutting down this class size. Good news for us!

See you in August, and please keep posting any good info about apartment hunting.

-Nicole :D

cpatel15

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
hey,

i have an interview on march 21st, what were your stats and what do they ask during the interview.

RxTech

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
Matawan, NJ
Visit site
Status
cpatel15 said:
hey,

i have an interview on march 21st, what were your stats and what do they ask during the interview.
Umm, the questions asked weren't challenging at all. However, the answers you give will be the most crucial part of the interview. Just pick the right words and be honest. I had questions like "tell me something about yourself?" or "what's your greatest weakness?". Good luck.

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
hi there.
i can't beleive ppl haven't been talking about nyu for a week.

anyways...
i had re-sent my official DAT scores last week (because they didn't have mine, even though they told me my file was complete back in december)...i spoke to admissions, they said they PROBABLY have it, but he can't 'open my file' up to see, because they have made a decision and i will get something in the mail shortly.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!? :eek:

decision...as in YAY? :D or NAY! :( or interview? :oops:
i really couldn't get anything more out of them....so now i'm just waiting...i was thinking...if they wanted to reject me, they could've without my official DAT scores...or did they want to verify that i really did only do mediocre :( and then reject me?
any insights? :confused:

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
fruity_trident said:
hi there.

anyways...
i had re-sent my official DAT scores last week (because they didn't have mine, even though they told me my file was complete back in december)...i spoke to admissions, they said they PROBABLY have it, but he can't 'open my file' up to see, because they have made a decision and i will get something in the mail shortly.

i really couldn't get anything more out of them....so now i'm just waiting...i was thinking...if they wanted to reject me, they could've without my official DAT scores...or did they want to verify that i really did only do mediocre :( and then reject me?

did you interview yet?

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
WOW, that's so weird that they haven't interviewed you. You have pretty good stats. Definetly, good enough for NYU. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! Hoepfully, you'll get an interview!!!

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
fruity_trident said:
hi there.

anyways...

I am absolutely pissed off right now! Today UNLV sent me an application hold, citing they had not receieved my offical DAT scores. The friggen CDA sux arse! They did this twice to me! I was lucky enough to catch it with NYU, after getting nervous and asking whether my file was complete lin the fall. The CDA is so full of it. They really ought to refund our money!

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
paolorossifan said:
I am absolutely pissed off right now! Today UNLV sent me an application hold, citing they had not receieved my offical DAT scores. The friggen CDA sux arse! They did this twice to me! I was lucky enough to catch it with NYU, after getting nervous and asking whether my file was complete lin the fall. The CDA is so full of it. They really ought to refund our money!
isn't it the ADA?

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
Dentist 2 be said:
isn't it the ADA?
Our pathetic organization is called the Canadian Dental Association. They are the ones in charge administering the DAT and sending the scores, all at a very steep price (Not to mention a slugglishly inept beaurocracy running the show).

nothen2do

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2004
Status
paolorossifan said:

Oh, so you would rather go to UNLV over Columbia, I get it. Unless, as debated some time ago, you were keeping your application open just to see if you get accepted, without any intention of going to UNLV. Wouldn't that be wrong?

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
nothen2do said:
Oh, so you would rather go to UNLV over Columbia, I get it. Unless, as debated some time ago, you were keeping your application open just to see if you get accepted, without any intention of going to UNLV. Wouldn't that be wrong?

No, I would NEVER go to UNLV over Columbia. No, aside from UOP (b/c is it so sought after). did I send an application withdrawl to any other school I applied to. It would have been an incredible waste of time to withdraw from Temple, UNLV, etc since many will get acceptance from there anyway. So when I get an email saying they don't have my DAT's I get pissed b/c this could have usefull before I got accepted to Columbia.

You and almost everyone else here would never actually withdraw your application, despite what you write on this board. Don't flame it up.

nothen2do

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2004
Status
paolorossifan said:
No, I would NEVER go to UNLV over Columbia. No, aside from UOP (b/c is it so sought after). did I send an application withdrawl to any other school I applied to. It would have been an incredible waste of time to withdraw from Temple, UNLV, etc since many will get acceptance from there anyway. So when I get an email saying they don't have my DAT's I get pissed b/c this could have usefull before I got accepted to Columbia.

You and almost everyone else here would never actually withdraw your application, despite what you write on this board. Don't flame it up.

Actually, I withdrew from all the schools that I was not planning on attending after I got accepted from my top choice. By not "wasting your time" to withdraw, you take spots from people and/or reduce the chance of others gaining acceptance. Also, if you did get accepted and eventually declined that acceptance, you have added that much extra stress and time of uncertainty to others waiting to hear or waitlisted to that school. :thumbdown:

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
nothen2do said:
Actually, I withdrew from all the schools that I was not planning on attending after I got accepted from my top choice. By not "wasting your time" to withdraw, you take spots from people and/or reduce the chance of others gaining acceptance. Also, if you did get accepted and eventually declined that acceptance, you have added that much extra stress and time of uncertainty to others waiting to hear or waitlisted to that school. :thumbdown:
Not many will actually do this of they were in our shoes.

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
nothen2do said:
Do you have to "officially" withdraw if you havent sent in your supplementary fees and applicatioin? I applied to UNLV and Creighton, but I did not send them my secondary check, but i figured i wouldnt have to withdraw because they wont process my application until they get the check, correct?

I agree you should withdraw from schools you have NO interest in... but it rarely works out that way. For instance, I withdrew from arizona, because I have no interest in going there. There are many that I am not sure about as yet or want to check out. For instance, I am going to go to Columbia and NYU interviews, as I was interested in the school, until I heard so many bad things about it... but seeing is believing, until you check out the school, you wont know for sure.

nothen2do

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2004
Status
dentist_to_be? said:
Do you have to "officially" withdraw if you havent sent in your supplementary fees and applicatioin? I applied to UNLV and Creighton, but I did not send them my secondary check, but i figured i wouldnt have to withdraw because they wont process my application until they get the check, correct?

I agree you should withdraw from schools you have NO interest in... but it rarely works out that way. For instance, I withdrew from arizona, because I have no interest in going there. There are many that I am not sure about as yet or want to check out. For instance, I am going to go to Columbia and NYU interviews, as I was interested in the school, until I heard so many bad things about it... but seeing is believing, until you check out the school, you wont know for sure.
My point with palos. was that if you don't have any interest in attending, give the courtesy to other students who haven't gotten in to d-school. On the otherhand, if you might go or have any doubt, ofcourse you should keep your application active. Palos. has made it seem like he is def. going to Columbia no matter what, and that he doesn't care if he got in to unlv, he just wants to see if he would get in, or an interview. Thats what bothers me. There is no way you would go to Arizona, so you withdrew, and I feel the same is true for Palos. with UNLV.

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
paolorossifan said:
i just assumed it was the fault of NYU...not CDA...but i guess i'm wrong.
actually it's ALSO NYU's fault..cuz they told me i was under-review in december...that my file was complete.... :(

Dentist 2 be
if it is an acceptance or interview (fingers crossed)...i'd like to question whether them NOT having my official DAT score had something to do with the lateness of contacting me....1) they told me they had all my stuff in december, 2) even if they didn't have all my stuff, don't they usually send out letters saying that i'm missing stuff?

oh well..time will tell...

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
paolorossifan said:
It would have been an incredible waste of time to withdraw from Temple , UNLV, etc since many will get acceptance from there anyway.
your statement is false .

i don't want to start anything here, but if u have no intentions, whatsoever of attending the above schools, please, please, please withdraw your application. i don't have a single acceptance. i couldn't help that possibly my grades aren't as good as yours, or my interviewing skills...but my passion for dentistry (i believe) is definitely there. :thumbup:

it's unfortunate that i haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet (i'm sure i'm speaking for several people), and it makes it harder because my home is not in Canada, and I honestly don't know what I am going to do if I don't hear from schools soon (either yes', or no's)...do I move back home - 1/2 way across the world?...or stay in Canada, or what? It's a very stressful time, with school and dental school apps, and seriously not knowing what the heck i'm doing after school...so if u could help us out, by declining your offers, that would be great :thumbup: .

but, hey...if u had 2nd thoughts about schools...i totally understand about not declining, yet.

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
fruity_trident said:
i just assumed it was the fault of NYU...not CDA...but i guess i'm wrong.
actually it's ALSO NYU's fault..cuz they told me i was under-review in december...that my file was complete.... :(

Dentist 2 be
if it is an acceptance or interview (fingers crossed)...i'd like to question whether them NOT having my official DAT score had something to do with the lateness of contacting me....1) they told me they had all my stuff in december, 2) even if they didn't have all my stuff, don't they usually send out letters saying that i'm missing stuff?

oh well..time will tell...
fruity... one of my LOR wasnt in... they did not send me anything until my application was COMPLETE... and I called them up in Jan to ask them about my application, they said it was completed. In feb, I found out at my maryland interview that aadsas didnt send one of my LOR.

thats why my interview is soooooo late... my other interviews were in Jan... but my nyu/columbia is in march because my application wasnt complete...

dont give up hope... there admin sucks, and good luck with CDA too :D im personally glad now i wrote US dats, although it meant i couldnt apply to canadian schools.
Good luck

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
Do you need to officially withdraw if your secondary application and fee isnt in? If so, then I need to call up Creighton and UNLV...

(Just wondering)

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
dentist_to_be? said:
Do you need to officially withdraw if your secondary application and fee isnt in? If so, then I need to call up Creighton and UNLV...

(Just wondering)
i don't know...but u've got good numbers...if i was on ad comm..i MAY think "huh...pretty book smart...could still be scatterbrain with payments and supplementary materials"...so they COULD still hold onto your file...who knows?!

hey, i think i read that u're from Va? and u go to school here?..cool. do u go to UofT?

I'm @ UofT :confused: (why, i dunno!)...but my sis went to UVa...i wish i went there!...charlottesville & UVa are BEAUTIFUL!

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
fruity_trident said:
your statement is false .

i don't want to start anything here, but if u have no intentions, whatsoever of attending the above schools, please, please, please withdraw your application. i don't have a single acceptance. i couldn't help that possibly my grades aren't as good as yours, or my interviewing skills...but my passion for dentistry (i believe) is definitely there. :thumbup:

it's unfortunate that i haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet (i'm sure i'm speaking for several people), and it makes it harder because my home is not in Canada, and I honestly don't know what I am going to do if I don't hear from schools soon (either yes', or no's)...do I move back home - 1/2 way across the world?...or stay in Canada, or what? It's a very stressful time, with school and dental school apps, and seriously not knowing what the heck i'm doing after school...so if u could help us out, by declining your offers, that would be great :thumbup: .

but, hey...if u had 2nd thoughts about schools...i totally understand about not declining, yet.
I apologize if I came across as greedy or arrogant. I have an extremely hectic schedule trying to finish of my degree and I didn;t have time to withdraw from the other schools, except for UOP.

Your stats are not far off from mine. In fact we have very similar carving scores! I am surprised, as are many of us, that not one school has given you an acceptance. Before i was accepted at Columbia I was probably the most nervous pre-dent in North America, I honestly didn't think I'd get in anywhere...but luck strikes. I hope it does for you too.

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
paolorossifan said:
I apologize if I came across as greedy or arrogant. I have an extremely hectic schedule trying to finish of my degree and I didn;t have time to withdraw from the other schools, except for UOP.

Your stats are not far off from mine. In fact we have very similar carving scores! I am surprised, as are many of us, that not one school has given you an acceptance. Before i was accepted at Columbia I was probably the most nervous pre-dent in North America, I honestly didn't think I'd get in anywhere...but luck strikes. I hope it does for you too.
no u didn't come off as arrogant or greedy...u just told the truth! :thumbup: :oops:

anyways...u and i both (and most others) have busy schedules...i, too, am trying to finish my degree, finish my thesis project (pulling 20+hrs @ the lab), working a part-time job, playing varsity squash, student government, etc. (i'm not however married with children! i know there are LOTS of ppl doing WAAAAY more than me! :eek: so kudos to them)...on top of that, compared to you, i have not got an acceptance.

i don't know what the formality is to withdraw, but i do hope u can find some time to send them out an email (if u do not intend on attending the other schools - now that's a tongue twister right [email protected] 8:30am in the mornin' :laugh: )

and thanks... i hope LOTSA and LOTSA :luck: LUCK :luck: strikes TOO!

well off to analyse more protein levels in degenerated mouse brains...YEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWw :D

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
fruity_trident said:
no u didn't come off as arrogant or greedy...u just told the truth! :thumbup: :oops:

anyways...u and i both (and most others) have busy schedules...i, too, am trying to finish my degree, finish my thesis project (pulling 20+hrs @ the lab), working a part-time job, playing varsity squash, student government, etc. (i'm not however married with children! i know there are LOTS of ppl doing WAAAAY more than me! :eek: so kudos to them)...on top of that, compared to you, i have not got an acceptance.

i don't know what the formality is to withdraw, but i do hope u can find some time to send them out an email (if u do not intend on attending the other schools - now that's a tongue twister right [email protected] 8:30am in the mornin' :laugh: )

and thanks... i hope LOTSA and LOTSA :luck: LUCK :luck: strikes TOO!

well off to analyse more protein levels in degenerated mouse brains...YEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWw :D

I hope u get some good luck soon, I need it too!

canuck_chick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
I agree that the CDA sucks.
I can't even count how many schools contacted me about not receiving my DAT scores (US and Canadian alike).
It's been really frustrating considering it's rolling admissions and all.

Guess I should've done the US one when I had the chance.
Too bad I wasn't readya t the time and had to postpone it. And now I've paid for a DAT that I don't want to have to take anymore :mad:
i wish i could refund it haha

paolorossifan said:

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
hi everyone,
i got an interview from NYU YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy :clap:

this is a GREAT excuse to "waste" more money and visit my sister again!!
mine is on april fools...

thanks for your luck everyone! :D

btw, amy knowles told me it was totally b/c they didn't have my official DAT scores that they didn't make a decision yet... :mad: ..but whatever..can't do anything about the past. i got the interview..so that's what matters now! :thumbup: :love:

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
fruity_trident said:
hi everyone,
i got an interview from NYU YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy :clap:

this is a GREAT excuse to "waste" more money and visit my sister again!!
mine is on april fools...

thanks for your luck everyone! :D

btw, amy knowles told me it was totally b/c they didn't have my official DAT scores that they didn't make a decision yet... :mad: ..but whatever..can't do anything about the past. i got the interview..so that's what matters now! :thumbup: :love:
So knockum dead at the interview fruity!

HD

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
hockeydentist said:
So knockum dead at the interview fruity!

HD
thanks HD!!! :D :thumbup: :love:

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
fruity_trident said:
i don't know...but u've got good numbers...if i was on ad comm..i MAY think "huh...pretty book smart...could still be scatterbrain with payments and supplementary materials"...so they COULD still hold onto your file...who knows?!

hey, i think i read that u're from Va? and u go to school here?..cool. do u go to UofT?

I'm @ UofT :confused: (why, i dunno!)...but my sis went to UVa...i wish i went there!...charlottesville & UVa are BEAUTIFUL!
hahaha... the funny part is i am scatterbrained :laugh: thats why my application was sooooo late :eek: ive never had to deal with "rolling admission" so I had no idea until it was too late...

i have a funny story, i actually grew up in mississauga, i got to mcgill...I didnt want to go to uft, i heard many bad things about it. my family moved to the states while i was in college, so now im moving down there to be closer to them :D --> hence why im so keen on VCU and maryland

anywas... ill call up schools and cancel officially. but it sucks that you have to wait so long fruity, i really hope you get in, im sure you will, uft is a really good school and theyll recognize a good applicant when they see you :D :D

knock em dead at NYU :luck: lots and lots of luck :luck: :luck:

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
dentist_to_be?:

thanks!!! :thumbup:

i forgot to add in my sarcastic "LOL's" after the scatterbrain comment...but i'm sure u got it..hehe :laugh:

anyways...that is quite an interesting story u've got there. i also applied to VCU and maryland cuz my sister WAS in Va...and Va rocked my socks. anyways...thanks for the luck.

gdluck with columbia and NYU - knock their socks off!...have lotsa fun! tell me where u went, so i can re-live my good times there....then again, i'm goin in 3 weeks..yay :thumbup:

EkksDee

-xD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
fruity_trident said:
dentist_to_be?:

thanks!!! :thumbup:

i forgot to add in my sarcastic "LOL's" after the scatterbrain comment...but i'm sure u got it..hehe :laugh:

anyways...that is quite an interesting story u've got there. i also applied to VCU and maryland cuz my sister WAS in Va...and Va rocked my socks. anyways...thanks for the luck.

gdluck with columbia and NYU - knock their socks off!...have lotsa fun! tell me where u went, so i can re-live my good times there....then again, i'm goin in 3 weeks..yay :thumbup:
Fruity,

How and when did nyu contact you for the interview? Also, when is the interview scheduled for? I also applied there, but have not heard a word. This whole dental school proccess is making me very depressed. Well, i want to wish you the best of luck :luck: You'll do great...please keep us updated if you find anything out during the interview. Thanks again :thumbup:

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
EkksDee said:
Fruity,

How and when did nyu contact you for the interview? Also, when is the interview scheduled for? I also applied there, but have not heard a word. This whole dental school proccess is making me very depressed. Well, i want to wish you the best of luck :luck: You'll do great...please keep us updated if you find anything out during the interview. Thanks again :thumbup:
emailed in december..they said i was under-review...with the assumption that my file was complete...i let it be.
come late jan, i called...again still under review. thanks for patience.
late feb, i called....i specifically asked if they have everything.answer: NO, no DAT scores.
so i sent them 1.5 weeks ago. and i got an invite TODAY, for apirl 1st.

gdluck!

favabean

favabean
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2004
the T-dot
Status
Way to go Fruity! Good luck with the NYU interview!

aznsfla

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
When recieving an interview at NYU what percentage of the students do they usually accept? Just curious?

T

ToothCandy4U

Hi NYU class of 2009,
I am also going to NYU this fall and I am very excited! NYU sent me acceptance letters last week.
I applied really late in the cycle (#79XX) and when I had interview on March, an admission person told me that seats were almost filled, but fortunately NYU offered me a seat. :)

Anyway, see you all in fall.

Dr. Steve Brule

For your (oral) health
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2002
Status
Dentist
well it looks like im almost certainly going to be at NYU in the fall! i still have yet to hear from BU or tufts but im pretty sure it's too late anyway so whatever..i have a question though, i submitted my FAFSA like 6 weeks ago and still haven't gotten anything in the mail from nyu about it..should i have? what is the next step? also what about housing? when will they send something about that? does anybody know the answers to my questions? lol thanks guys

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
MitchSE-R said:
well it looks like im almost certainly going to be at NYU in the fall! i still have yet to hear from BU or tufts but im pretty sure it's too late anyway so whatever..i have a question though, i submitted my FAFSA like 6 weeks ago and still haven't gotten anything in the mail from nyu about it..should i have? what is the next step? also what about housing? when will they send something about that? does anybody know the answers to my questions? lol thanks guys

Is on-campus housing still available???

lake04

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2004
Status
Hey toothcandy4u and mitchse-r:

Do you guys know of the state of open seats? How much longer will they conduct interviews? Any info you can provide for this waiter would be appreciated...I can't obtain any info whatsoever.

Thanx!