*********NYU Class of 2011*********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone doing the 5k run/walk sponosored by the NYU SOM chapter of Physicians for Human Rights?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll probably do it. I hope there are a lot of runners in the class. Hope to see you there, bhop!

haha i would like to do it...but im not exactly a runner!

Members don't see this ad :)
i was just speaking to one of the guys that was coordinating the 5k for africa and it should be a good time... at least a few of us will be there...

the website is: http://www.5kforafrica.org if you want to register...

I've run a few 5k's at prospect park in high school. It's a beautiful place.

Classes start on August 27th. But when does orientation begin? And does NYU have a white coat ceremony? I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

Hi all,

Have you guys received any health forms? Are there supposed to be any?
I assume it will take some time for us to have all the required procedures done.

Hi all,

Have you guys received any health forms? Are there supposed to be any?
I assume it will take some time for us to have all the required procedures done.

I think we need to get a physical, a PPD skin test and have record of a meningococcal vaccine sometime in the past 3 years (i think you can opt out of this though)

ya guys think there is any chance they will be giving us mentioned above health procedures at orientation? that would be convenient . . .

PPDs will be given at orientation; you must have your physical and proof of immunity (blood titers) before orientation starts. Glad you all will be joining us!

Last year they didn't require an immunization record, that wasn't good enough, they wanted quantitative titers on a bunch of different things. Besides the titers the health forms are pretty simple (and titers are simple too, just watch out, some insurance plans won't want to cover them, but you might be able to get them to cover part/all if you write, complain, and explain the circumstances).

1) anybody heard from housing about move in procedures etc?

2) anybody heard from admissions about if they require us do anything prior to arrival in Ny?

1) anybody heard from housing about move in procedures etc?

2) anybody heard from admissions about if they require us do anything prior to arrival in Ny?

Recently, I received a small packet from Student Health, some basic info from Admissions, and a sheet about computer requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently, I received a small packet from Student Health, some basic info from Admissions, and a sheet about computer requirements.
Was that info sent to your permanent address or your preferred one?

Hey guys-- I know this was asked before, but I figured I'd ask again in case anyone recently decided to go to the 5K on June 24th. I'm thinking of heading in from Long Island, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up-- somecurrent NYU students are meeting at the medical center and I figure we could go with them to Prospect Park and mingle and stuff... anyone looking to go?

have u guys received any specific info about orientation or any news at all?

hey just checked the orientation website and it's actually open for registration now. did anyone get anything about registration for orientation in the mail? thanks!

hey just checked the orientation website and it's actually open for registration now. did anyone get anything about registration for orientation in the mail? thanks!

hmm..nothing yet, but thanks for the heads up

Does anyone know when/how we get our e-mail addresses? Lol, want to make it official on facebook. :D

how ya make it official on facebook?

Does anyone know when/how we get our e-mail addresses? Lol, want to make it official on facebook. :D

So how do you do it? I misplaced like everything they sent me and I dont want to call April and sound like an idiot.

call april, hell you're in already! ha, cool profile!

Just a bump of last year's thread. Here's a link to the 2007 match list for NYU.

http://www.med.nyu.edu/registrar/clinical/matchlist2007.html

If anyone is thinking about NYU for the class of 2012 feel free to send me a PM, I' be happy to answer any questions.

Edit: I have a copy of the 2008 match list, but can't post it (has student names, etc). If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.