NYU College of Dentistry class of 2021 meet and great

Rusmedvedj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys. I have been accepted to NYUCD class of 2021. I though it would be a good idea to get to know my future classmates a bit before time. Share stories and experiences about DAT prep, applications and interviews, prior dental experience, and so on. And if some of you are in the NYC area, such as myself, maybe we could go out for some pizza or something.

Most importantly, congratulations on getting in. =)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol congrats. I guess you are one of the lucky ones who won't have a problem finding a place to live. =P

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
can i come? tufts 2021 checking in. i like pizza too

Reactions: 1 users
Lol congrats. I guess you are one of the lucky ones who won't have a problem finding a place to live. =P
No way, I tried bus from my home today, then 7 train --> grand central -->6 train -->walk..around 2.5 hrs gone..#I need a roommate #Financially hurt

Congrats! Just got accepted yesterday. How/when are you guys going about finding housing and roommates?

Congrats! Just got accepted yesterday. How/when are you guys going about finding housing and roommates?
I haven't start doing research yet..you guys think it will be better to spend 1.5k+ /month than to commute right? I personally prefer it to save hours for studying+resting. btw there is any NYUCD C/O 2021 only fb group?

I haven't start doing research yet..you guys think it will be better to spend 1.5k+ /month than to commute right? I personally prefer it to save hours for studying+resting. btw there is any NYUCD C/O 2021 only fb group?
At my interview many of the students said it was more convenient to live close by rather than commuting for the first year. Yes there is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYUCD2021/

No way, I tried bus from my home today, then 7 train --> grand central -->6 train -->walk..around 2.5 hrs gone..#I need a roommate #Financially hurt

Damn. I live in brooklyn, and I'd just hop on the Q and I'm there. About an hour and a half. Figured I could use that time to study.

I'm gonna be living with my parents. I'd suggest to live in Brooklyn. There are several train options that will get you there in one shot, and you can get a room for around $800, I think.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm gonna be living with my parents. I'd suggest to live in Brooklyn. There are several train options that will get you there in one shot, and you can get a room for around $800, I think.

Is this a studio or living with other people?

Not a studio but a shared apartment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say pay that 1.5k+/month for the first two years.. especially for the second year. I heard it gets pretty rough in the second year :p And then you can always move farther out, somewhere a bit cheaper for your 3rd and 4th years.

I say pay that 1.5k+/month for the first two years.. especially for the second year. I heard it gets pretty rough in the second year :p And then you can always move farther out, somewhere a bit cheaper for your 3rd and 4th years.
Yea, I am wondering which year is more intensive..I will probably live near campus for D1 year and see how it goes first.

Yea, I am wondering which year is more intensive..I will probably live near campus for D1 year and see how it goes first.
I have a friend who is in D2 now. she says its harder then D1

Yeah. I did it while in my undergrad. =)

Same. There was a time when I was commuting 2.5 hours (one-way) to college. Involved a change of three trains. If you can prepare podcasts to listen to, that's a great way to go too.

if you could find a train that is only one train and no transfers it is ideal. So the N or 6 train would be my picks.

Man I want pizza lol but unfortunately I live in Columbus Ohio :c

Hi, guys. I have been accepted to NYUCD class of 2021. I though it would be a good idea to get to know my future classmates a bit before time. Share stories and experiences about DAT prep, applications and interviews, prior dental experience, and so on. And if some of you are in the NYC area, such as myself, maybe we could go out for some pizza or something.

Most importantly, congratulations on getting in. =)
Hey, you can plan an event in the FB group, I think it would be easier to coordinate that way. Also I think a lot of people would prefer to do something in the summer since that's when they would be settled in to their new apartments.
But either way, sounds like something I would be interested in!

I'll be attending this fall live in Brooklyn and plan on taking the Q train. If anyone has q's regarding commute or residence I'd be more than happy to help.