NYU dental is gonna be NYU dental and Nursing...that SUCKS!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, NYU dental school is going to be called NYU dental and nursing school, wow that sucks. In a way that kills it for me, i mean what does nursing have to do with dentistry?? In my opinion if they want to combine something than doesn't it seem logical to combine the medical and nursing together... just my opinion but hey i guess money is an issue. Whatever it is, it sucks, and already from what i hear that most dental students in the school are really upset and some have even said that they'll transfere out if it happens.

Members don't see this ad.

i've interviewed at at least one school where the dental and nursing students have their classes in the same rooms/building... nobody seems to care...how will it really effect the dental program or students, other than the name of their school?

Biogirl...you stole what I was thinking (LOL). You hit it right on the head. Who cares? In the end I think it wont appear on the diploma and even if it does, you are a DDS, who the hell cares???? Is someone going to see it besides your family? If this happens to you, it may occur in less times than you have fingers on one hand for as long as you practice. Lastly, this is just a proposal...we all know how hard it is for proposals to actually be passed. Chill out man...things have a tendency to work themselves out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Garry11 said:
Guys, NYU dental school is going to be called NYU dental and nursing school, wow that sucks. In a way that kills it for me, i mean what does nursing have to do with dentistry?? In my opinion if they want to combine something than doesn't it seem logical to combine the medical and nursing together... just my opinion but hey i guess money is an issue. Whatever it is, it sucks, and already from what i hear that most dental students in the school are really upset and some have even said that they'll transfere out if it happens.

Hmm... this is a good example of someone who did absolutely no research before starting a new thread. I mean really!! Buddy, just scroll half way down the first page of thread topics.

So my post isn't entirely useless: has anybody heard about how UPacific has named its school after its current dean or something. That's crazy - first time a school has been named after a current dean. He must be some pretty amazing guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.