NYU essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stercel2007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you are using your regular personal statement for the NYU application or if you guys are writing a whole new essay, because on the instruction sheet, it mentions not to forget your personal statement.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

what a silly question, why would you want to write 2 personal statements :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
they ask for an essay about "motivations for attending medical school". they also ask to attach your personal statement. i think they are one in the same. semantics. probably best to hear it from someone who has already applied. oh yeah, when is the columbia app coming out? does anyone know?

-jot

Hey Guys,

What's the deal with the amount of space on the NYU appy for your personal statement? Am I missing something or is there just not enough room to fit 5300 characters in the "Additional Space". I think someone mentioned that the "Additional Space" is to answer about your "motivations for med school". Does this mean that this is different from the personal statement? Hmmm...I need some clarification.

Yogurt

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Yogurt the Kid:
•Am I missing something or is there just not enough room to fit 5300 characters in the "Additional Space". •••••you're missing the extra page you should just attach with your essay on it... :wink:

Does anyone know the NYU policy on repeated courses? They don't mention anything about having to list your old grade, if I can get away with it I will. Every little bit helps.

Does anyone know the NYU policy on repeated courses? They don't mention anything about having to list your old grade, if I can get away with it I will. Eevry little bit helps.