NYU Housing Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bendrix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has spoken to the NYU housing office about the following statement on the housing application:

"Once you submit a housing application, and pay the deposit, should you later cancel your application, the deposit will not be refunded unless you are withdrawing from the NYU School of Medicine."

This statement implies that the housing deposit is refundable if you end up deciding to go to another school. Does anyone know for sure whether that's the case? I couldn't get through to anyone at the housing office today, and I want to be certain that my money's refundable before I write my check.

Members don't see this ad.

if that's what it says, that's what it means. how'd you get your hands on the housing application already? i want one too.

I got that application too, but will wait a bit to send it in. I feel I might still have a shot at a Rubin room in early March. Just a guess....but I have a good backup since I live in the city.

Has anyone sent it in?

I also was confused about the housing applications. If you do get in contact with housing can you please post the info. Thanks.