dr_anie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
hi green emerald,
i too got an admission in nyu,i would like to know from which country r u,i am from india.i want to know about the housing.
thanks

som

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi,

I too am accepted at NYU and looking for housing. I am an Indian female and I am looking for housing close to the college.

OP
G

green emerald

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
Status
som said:
Hi,

I am an indian female,single,would like to share apartment.i live down south,(it would be difficult to come and make arragement)so someone who lives close to ny if they could make any arrangement for housing i would share

bluearmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
HI Green emerald. som, dr anie:
I am an indian female, accepted into NYUCD looking for housing. IN case anyone is looking for a roommate or an affordable apartment close to school please let me know. I have also heard from some people that living in the dorms is cheaper than to live in off-campus housing facilities but usually graduate students or all students besides undergrads aren't allowed to live in on-campus housing facilities. Anyone know about this?
I also know of some students living in Jersey city (much more affordable) and commuting. I'm familiar with the jersey city area and how to get to NYUCD from the Hoboken path as its just one subway ride. If anyone is interested in living in Jersey and commuting to school , let me know.

mandakki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Status
hi ,
even i am looking something in new jersey or jersey city and want to commute everyday.
if anybody has an idea what price range r the appartments and what is the good commuting time and which areas we should look for appartments?
please let me know.

thank u

som

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi all,

Wont the commute be quite long? I think for the 1st year I would like to live closer to the college. I thought NYUCD had housing option and it would cost $15,000 a year.

shaliraj

NYU Class of 2008
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Hi all,

i am planning to move with my family to Prineton,nj and commute to NYUCD everyday by train.it is one hr journey.

the rental apts for 2br 2 bath is between $1200-$1500 around that area.

is anyone living in that area(plainsboro,lawrenceville,princeton,princeton junction)?please share ur experinces.your response is appreciated.

DentalSupremo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi,
For people joining NYU, there are a couple of options for housing.
1) the housing provided by NYUCD-
Pros- Close to the school
Cons-More expensive
Manhattan in general is very expensive. Rent for 1 bedroom starts around 1400+ and these cheaper 1 bedroom almost looks like a studio.
Other options are Queens, Brooklyn, New Jersey etc.
If people are considering New Jersey, I would recommend they look at Hoboken & Jersey City. These are very close to Manhattan. Places like Edison, Metropark, North Brinswick, Princeton are quite far. You need to take into consideration that your class can start as early as 8 A.M. and also NYU has evening classes from 5-8P.M. So basically you leave home at around 6.30A.M. and return by 9.30P.M if you leave in princeton, metropark etc.

Coming back to Hoboken and Jersey City-
In Jersey city-you can look at Newport, Jersey city or nearby places like Journal Square, Harrison etc.
For people interested in Newport, the website is newportnj.com. it doesnot contain apartment listings. But it gives the contact number for newport rental office.
I personally live in Newport and it is a pretty good place. But mind you, it is not Manhattan. It is about 15 minutes from newport to 23rd street by PATH and the trains are frequent and safe.The rent here for 1 bedroom normally starts from 1300-1400 and upwards depending on the floor, building and view. And the rent doesnot include heat. The heating in NEwport is through electric heaters and it comes in your Electricity bill.

Note for people trying to find a place in NYC- Upper East Side is generally more expensive than Upper West Side and don't look for apartments beyond 95th street on upper east side and 100th on upper west side. It is not very safe (The word safe is a relative term. You got to be careful in any place)

Do mail if you have any questions.

SiMpLy IrReSiStAbLe

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
shaliraj said:
Hi all,

i am planning to move with my family to Prineton,nj and commute to NYUCD everyday by train.it is one hr journey.

the rental apts for 2br 2 bath is between $1200-$1500 around that area.

is anyone living in that area(plainsboro,lawrenceville,princeton,princeton junction)?please share ur experinces.your response is appreciated.
I lived in plainsboro for 3 yrs. it is a good area and u have good apartments. but commuting to NYU everyday might be a little to tiresome esp if u have to study. it takes almost an hour and a half to commute to nyu.

bluearmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
I agree with DentalSupremo that living in Hoboken or Jersey city would be the most affordable and time efficient relative to the other areas mentioned.

shaliraj

NYU Class of 2008
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
hi
thank u guys for ur input.i really appreciate ur responses.

mandent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
hi, I am indian female. planning to stay in NJ and commute to the school. if u guys are interested in sharing an partment with me, please let me know.
bye

dentistplease

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
hi Mandent,

Congratulations!!!!

Could you tell me when you went for an interview?

thanks

bluearmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
mandent said:
hi, I am indian female. planning to stay in NJ and commute to the school. if u guys are interested in sharing an partment with me, please let me know.
bye
Hi Mandent,
I too am an Indian female joining the NYU program this August. I'm interested in sharing an apartment and living in New Jersey (hoboken or Jersey city) unless you have a better alternative in NYC.
bye

mandent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
bluearmy said:
Hi Mandent,
I too am an Indian female joining the NYU program this August. I'm interested in sharing an apartment and living in New Jersey (hoboken or Jersey city) unless you have a better alternative in NYC.
bye

check your pm

dmmaster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2004
Status
any suggestions on housing near NYU for guys !!!
PLEASE HELP....

thank you

gorur

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
florida
Visit site
Status
Hey guys,

I got accepted in NYU .I'm very much interested to share an apartment in the most affordable place with Females,Coz i'm one of them :D .Any input regading this will be appreciated.

Thanks
Gorur

dentate ice

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
Hi i have been accepted in NYUCD. Anyone interested in sharing an appt.. please pm me.
Female , married.

shaliraj

NYU Class of 2008
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
dentate ice said:
Hi i have been accepted in NYUCD. Anyone interested in sharing an appt.. please pm me.
Female , married.
congratulations dentate ice.

dentate ice

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
Thanks Shaliraj..
Btw, nobody has still PM..ed.. me regarding accomodation..
Paging all those females NYUCD students out there.. anyone has any rental info? Anyone there.....???

mandent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
hi,
i am also looking for a roommate at NYu.
I am an indian female ,
i f u want, u can pm me
thanks bye

dentate ice said:
Thanks Shaliraj..
Paging all those females NYUCD students out there.. anyone has any rental info? Anyone there.....???

khyde

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status
hello ,
I got admission in NYU and now I am looking for housing in the vicinity of the university . Anyone interested please contact me through my PM .I am an Indian female ,married. :)
Thankyou,waiting to meet you all.
Bye.

dmmaster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2004
Status
hey guys looks like we are out numbered....
any one interested in sharing an apartment please contact me.
male/india

dmmaster

snowdrop

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hello guys,
How many of you live in Connecticut and are Planning to travel everyday from Connecticut to NYU? I mean one hour away from NYU?

Snowdrop

smiledent

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
Status
hey,
Iam an indian female, married and looking to share an apartment either close to or away from the school(if itz really worth it..). those interested can send me a private message with your contact number.

ks1708

10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2005
Status
hello

i will be joining NYUCD this summer and am looking for a female to share a 2 bed room apt near the NYUCD gramercy area. if interested please let me know. contact me on sdn. thanks

olympics dental

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
hi,
my name is deepa.i'm a banglorean,married.
i would lov to share the apt with u...i need to know more details regarding this...like cost and the distance from nyu.. my contact no is 614 853 4844 and my email is [email protected](i prefer if u write to me to this add)
thanx...

ks1708 said:
hello

i will be joining NYUCD this summer and am looking for a female to share a 2 bed room apt near the NYUCD gramercy area. if interested please let me know. contact me on sdn. thanks

olympics dental

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
hi,

i have also been accepted at nyu.....and looking for a suitable place to live in....plz contact me on this no 614 853 4844.... or [email protected]

dentate ice said:
Female , married.

ramkumar

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
Status
dmmaster said:
hey guys looks like we are out numbered....
any one interested in sharing an apartment please contact me.
male/india

dmmaster

hi dm master i am looking for accomodation as well. call me on 610-247-7998 or you can give your no. i shall call you back.i am looking to stay close to school. RamKumar.

ramkumar

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
Status
Hi

I am an indian male 31, will be joining nyu this august . if anybody is interested in sharing an apt. please pm me. R.K

anee

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2005
Status
hi,
mandent.Iam female from india and is interested in sharing apartment.
If you're still intersted,do let me know.

rohit sethi

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2005
Status
ramkumar said:
Hi

I am an indian male 31, will be joining nyu this august . if anybody is interested in sharing an apt. please pm me. R.K
hi
i am also looking for apartment for shring.
male/india/class of 2008
e mail - [email protected]
ph no. 703-380-7620

NYU-DDS

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2005
Status
Hi all,

I am joining NYUCD this August. I too am searching for apartments and room-mates. I am an Indian, female, married and a mom too.
Are there any other moms searching for room-mates. It would be great to know anyone. Looks like there are none.

shaliraj

NYU Class of 2008
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
NYU-DDS said:
Hi all,

I am joining NYUCD this August. I too am searching for apartments and room-mates. I am an Indian, female, married and a mom too.
Are there any other moms searching for room-mates. It would be great to know anyone. Looks like there are none.
congrtas.i sure there are a lot of moms,including me.where do u currently live?r u planning to move with your family?

oracle

10+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
hi..i am joining nyu this aug.indian,female and married..looking for the apts.i want to move to newjersey and commute everyday..people in newjersey,please suggest some affordable places and also something close to the school...thanxs..

NYU-DDS

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2005
Status
hi Shaliraj,

Thank god! I was thinking that I am the only mom at NYUCD :D Just kidding). Didn't see anyone on the forum who said that had kids. I have a 31/2-year-old son. I will be moving alone. That's why looking out for room-mates. Are you moving with family?

shaliraj said:
congrtas.i sure there are a lot of moms,including me.where do u currently live?r u planning to move with your family?

bluearmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
Hi all,
I'm a single girl joining the Advanced Standing DDS program this August (class of 2008) who would be most likely staying in New Jersey or possibly in NY if something affordable comes up. I'm looking for any girl preferably who's single (trying to avoid their preference of a bigger room to accomodate their spouses when visiting) looking to share a room with me. If interested please reply.

bluearmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
dentate ice said:
Thanks Shaliraj..
Hi dentate ice,
I am an indian female - single, who's going to be living in NJ (journal square or New port) and planning to commute to NYU using the Pth. As I am familiar with the subway and bus routes in this area, I am comfprtable with the fact that I would have to use this transport daily besides the fact that it would be cheaper overall to live in NJ. Due to the fact that on certain days we will have to stay on till 8:30 p.m. I think its important not to have too long a daily travel time back home.
Are you married? Would you be willing to live in NJ and commute to NYU.? I asked if you're married because generally when spouses of married women come over, they need privacy and this could be an issue.

drind

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
Hi,

I'm indian female, Married, I joining Advanced Standing program this year, I found a 2-BR apartment near the school, willing to share with Indian female,

Initially I would like to move later my husband my join based on his job.
If any one in my situation interested to share, please let me know & also send PM to me, we can go further from there.

Thanks
DrInd

anee

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2005
Status
Hi,
I am intersted in sharing 2 bedroom apt.
If you're still interested ,do send me PM .My contact no. is 1-416-744-9750.
Thanks.
Anee

I'm indian female, Married, I joining Advanced Standing program this year, I found a 2-BR apartment near the school, willing to share with Indian female,

Initially I would like to move later my husband my join based on his job.
If any one in my situation interested to share, please let me know & also send PM to me, we can go further from there.

Thanks
DrInd[/QUOTE]

Mogley

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
Status
olympics dental said:
hi,
my name is deepa.i'm a banglorean,married.
i would lov to share the apt with u...i need to know more details regarding this...like cost and the distance from nyu.. my contact no is 614 853 4844 and my email is [email protected](i prefer if u write to me to this add)
thanx...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

ICan u tell me how many telugu people doing d.d.s. in your collage, i mean who is doing now ,not the new admission.who is doing 2 ,3 rd years.How many telugu people doing,i know most of them they are bangalore only.I appreciate u rearly response. thanks.

trv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
Status
Hi:
I'm indian female,Married, looking for an apartment in journal square or New port area, if any one commuting from this area or found any apartments in these areas ..please let me know...that would be of great help.
thanks,
TRV

teresa r

15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2003
usa
msn.com
Status
I found a few places around Journal Square PATH station (Balwin ave,Wright ave, Hawthorne Ave at Sip Ave etc) through Internet . As I'm not familiar with these places , I would like get some of your opinions who must have been to these areas. Also I found that the rent in these areas are a little cheaper compared to the rents around Hoboken and Newport. As they are a little cheaper, I'm a little concerned about these areas. Could anyone please tell me whether they are safe for me (I'm a female) to walk through these areas from Path station to get to the apartments. I was told that I might have to be at the college (NYU, Dental school) till about 8.30 pm on some days. Please give me all your opinions about this area and help me take a decision. Thanks

:confused:

Siddhi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
hi,
I just wanted to know how many students are planningto stay in Hoboken or New port?
It would be better if we decide and plan up and stay almost close to each other then it will be safe for us to commute together at nights.
I also wanted to know if any body has already got something close by to college?
Thanks

trv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
Status
Siddhi said:
hi,
I just wanted to know how many students are planningto stay in Hoboken or New port?
It would be better if we decide and plan up and stay almost close to each other then it will be safe for us to commute together at nights.
I also wanted to know if any body has already got something close by to college?
Thanks
Count me in... I'm in search of apartment in New port or Journal Square...
Please let me know if anyone finds any apartment in these areas, for commuting in nights definitely we need some company...
Thanks,
TRV