NYU IM Program Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would someone familiar with the program care to say something about it? I know that Bellevue has fantastic clinical training but how is the teaching in the program? Also, is it easy to find a research project? Is it difficult to find a good mentor? Do you have time to read?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes I feel like the population spread on this forum is extremely bimodal. You got people applying to JHU and you got people applying to no name programs but hardly anyone in between.

Members don't see this ad :)
also does anyone know if NYU is still giving out interviews? haven't heard about interview or rejection from them...

Sometimes I feel like the population spread on this forum is extremely bimodal. You got people applying to JHU and you got people applying to no name programs but hardly anyone in between.

100% agree.

I wouldn't be surprised if >50% of the people who post are premed students

Ugh...I can't believe anyone is even willing to work at these NY programs. Aren't the nurses like unified against working? I hear you draw all your own labs.

Ugh...I can't believe anyone is even willing to work at these NY programs. Aren't the nurses like unified against working? I hear you draw all your own labs.

Location, location, location. NYC is the "promise land" for some, as is the state of California. At least this is the case amongst my classmates.

Well, at the two places I interviewed at, the residents told me that they never draw their own labs. The only exception is if you really need it STAT, in which case it would always be faster if you did it yourself.

Besides, some people enjoy "working in the trenches".

Is Mount Sinai still sending out invitations? Anyone receive one this week? Thanks!