nyu interview-where are you staying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appassionata

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where are you staying?
i called club quarters midtown, the hotel nyu recommended, that has special arrangement with nyu which is supposed to give moderate price, but it is still so expensive for me! $285!

any suggestions?

i read hotel 17 is cheap but have to share bathroom-i want to avoid sharing bathrooms.

Members don't see this ad.

Carlton arms or Hotel 17 will be the cheapest (~100+). Try to find online deals for better hotel rooms and prices. For one of the hotels above, you can choose to have private bathroom for extra charge.

i stayed at a hostel. It was very clean. 60 bucks for the night. I did have to share a bathroom though.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm staying with a family friend too...the recommended hotel was 215 but it was sold out anyways....family friend lives in manhattan very close to the school.

Club quarters downtown. It was $180 I think.

I got a room at the Affinia Manhattan for $208.00 ($241.17 with Taxes & fees). This is still on the expensive side, but the price is unreal for that hotel. Plus it is right across the street from the Garden and it just so happens that the Rangers are at home against the Devils. I can't see why a guy wouldn't go catch a period or two of hockey the night before his interview.

I stayed in international hostel, and it's really cheap and safe. I took the subway 1 and change to R at time square and walk around 10 mins got nyu, I was so proud of myself of getting so independent! It was a great experience!

Carlton arms or Hotel 17 will be the cheapest (~100+). Try to find online deals for better hotel rooms and prices. For one of the hotels above, you can choose to have private bathroom for extra charge.

I think I stayed at hotel 17, can't really remember. It was $100 and I shared a bathroom but it was very clean.

i stayed at hilton in midtown. it was 170 including tax. it wasn't bad, tho it took me about 40 minutes to get to nyu.

I stayed in Newark, NJ near the airport (it was about 100 bucks total for fairfield inn by marriot). Then, you can take the free hotel shuttle to the airport and then take the bus ($5.00) or train (15.00) to NYC. The bus during rush hour takes 60-70 min and the train only takes 15 minutes. They both drop you off around the same area (Times square). Then it's about 15 blocks to NYU. I walked and it took me about 20 minutes to get there. And yes it is safe to walk there.

New York City is the largest city in the US with over 8 million people and you dont know one person there that you could stay with for the night?

you guys listed...

and find out the price is at least $300+ with NYU rate.
---> This, of course, depends on the type of room, but many are already booked! :oops:

Anyway, I found the one with <$200. ;)

So, u should really call many places, as the pricing is changing day-to-day.