NYU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arazi2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an NYU interview. How uncommon.It's May already. any advise on that? should I even consider it? Is there any chance of acceptance? If I get in, Should i give up NOVA for it? HELP.

Members don't see this ad.

Arasi2000,

NYU is a good school, I went there for my interview and came out with a positive impression inspite of all the negatives I hear. Here's my opinion, although I would love to have you as a classmate, I feel that you should go to NYU to see what they have to offer. You'll never know if you've made the right choice by going to Nova if you didn't absolutely check out all the dental schools out there that you were invited to for an interview!

As far as acceptances goes, OH YEAH, there are still seats left at NYU. Exact numbers? I don't know, but I one of our ex-classmate (who originally picked Nova to attend) just got accepted to NYU this week and he decided to attend NYU instead of Nova. If you have the money to go to the interview, do it! If you doubt your happiness at Nova, then also do it. Keep me posted! :cool:

I agree with the above posts. I went to all the interviews that were offered to me. You worked hard and your being invited why not go? Trust me I went to NYU for my interview and it is a great place to be especially since it is near Time Square.

Members don't see this ad :)
desidentist,
Over the past few months which I have been on this forum, I have seen many missinformation spread about NYUCD. Some negative comments have their basis, while most do not. When information is given by secondary sources, they tend to be made more negative then they intended to be. For example, Vixen in the other post about the most expensive school stated that NYUCD is the most expensive school. That is totally untrue, since in my luncheon with the dean he told us that due to the school not raising it's tuition as much, the school is only the 6th most expensive. Not the greatest honor, but better than being the most expensive. That was only an example of how misinformation is spread. When people say NYUCD is bad or how any school is bad, they should be able to back it up with valid facts or first hand experience. Then they can make an educated decision.

pn229,

dude, chill out. I mentioned NYU as an expensive school because it is, and I said I wasn't positive it was the most $$$. Anyways, if you'd been here longer, you'd know its a school I want to go to (family is close by, boyfriend close by, friends close by, nyc, don't want to leave the northeast, don't like hot weather...etc).

NYU was a bit on the pricey side for me. That's why I decided not to go there and gave up my position but if all things were equal, I would go there. I've heard people bad mouth the school but I thought it was a very good school and you can't beat NYC. They start off with the interview right off the bat so be prepared! I had my reservations about some of the interviewers but luckily, I had Amy Knowles. She was very cool. The whole interview process was short and ends at about 12:30 pm. I think it's worthwhile to check out.