NYU Interview.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureNSXDent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone comment on the style of NYU interview? ie, how many interviewer(s), duration of interview, style of questions asked, is it relaxed or do they ask you formal questions? And lastly, does anyone know of the quickest and cheapest way to get from Queen (Grand Ave Station) to JFK airport? Thanks!

NSXDent

Members don't see this ad.

I had my NYU interview back in 96, but essentially it was like this...We went on some tour of the school. They took us to lunch where we broke up in groups. I was stuck with the dean of admissions. Then we went into a room where the dean of admissions talked about tuition, the school,etc. He kept on comparing the school to Tufts and saying that it was better than Tufts. That made me very suspicious of course. Usually a school speaks for itself, and to insult another school only shows your own school's weakness. Then we went up to the office of admissions where we were each interviewed by one of 3 people. I happened to get the dean again and he asked me why I wanted to be a dentist, what experiences lead me up to it,etc...Nothing special. I talked about some of my hobbies. He told me right then that I would be accepted. I didn't end up going there.

NSX,
There are plenty of posts during the past three weeks in regards to the NYU interview and directions to the airport. Pick and choose which would be to your advantage.

NSX-

I will be going to my NYU interview on November 25th. I'm flying into JFK and then take a supershuttle to my hotel in Manhattan. After the interview I will be picked up at NYUCD and dropped off at JFK. It's $15 one way. Check out their website if you're interested:

www.supershuttle.com

You can make reservations online or by phone. One thing though, you can't make reservations from the airport to your hotel. You have to do it yourself at ground transporation area at JFK airport.
However, reservations for your return to the airport can be made online or by phone.

Of course, the other option is you take a bus to the subway station and then take the subway into Manhattan. It's up to you. If you are, then invest in a good map. Maybe check out the New York Transportation website. Either way, I hope this helps and good luck to you.

Arby