NYU MPA - Health Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veggie Monster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to apply to NYU Wanger for the MPA degree with a concentration in health services management or health finance? Or any current students?

What are your thoughts of this program?

VM

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone planning to apply to NYU Wanger for the MPA degree with a concentration in health services management or health finance? Or any current students?

What are your thoughts of this program?

VM

I was admitted this last cycle to the Health Services Management concentration and I have a contact who will be a 2nd year student in the Health Finance concentration. PM me for more info.*

The programs looks very good to me. It's very unique in that it's an MPA as opposed to an MPH or MHA. But from what I can tell, it's comparable to such degrees. It's one of my top 5 choices along with JHU, Columbia, Yale, and UMich.

Members don't see this ad :)
The programs looks very good to me. It's very unique in that it's an MPA as opposed to an MPH or MHA. But from what I can tell, it's comparable to such degrees. It's one of my top 5 choices along with JHU, Columbia, Yale, and UMich.

Another great program is at Heinze College in the School of Public Policy & Management at Carnegie Mellon University.

It is not CAHME accredited, but neither is Harvard's program, and the curriculum and various tracks look very appealing, similar to NYU's program.

Had I discovered it earlier I would've applied.

http://www.heinz.cmu.edu/school-of-.../healthcare-policy-management-hcpm/index.aspx

yeah, it looks attractive but it seems like students end up in consulting, which i have no interest in. i would like to end up working in a hospital as an administrator

yeah, it looks attractive but it seems like students end up in consulting, which i have no interest in. i would like to end up working in a hospital as an administrator

The Wagner or Heinze program? Either way, thats not a bad thing because it means consulting firms (which are all about name brand and prestige) recruit there, which means the program carries weight when it comes to career opportunities, IMHO.

The Wagner or Heinze program? Either way, thats not a bad thing because it means consulting firms (which are all about name brand and prestige) recruit there, which means the program carries weight when it comes to career opportunities, IMHO.

Heinze, consulting.

I'll be shooting them an app sometime in the fall!