Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
  1. dumplings

dumplings Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I dont know anything about the students, but the MPH program is not accredited. That doesnt mean its not a good school, but there are better options out there. I would only go there if I had a specific need to be at NYU.

4. dumplings

dumplings Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

according to nyu, they are accredited. how is that a disadvantage to you in the long run if you do go to a non-accredited school?

5. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    they probably are accredited by some association. I meant by the APSH, which most "quality" are accredited by. You should look at the other thread about "OHSU" mph. An MPH is not an MPH. You should get it from a quality program. Take a look at columbia. You might be able to integrate it with whatever you are doing now since it is also in the city.

6. awesoma

The NYU Community Health MPH program is accredited by CEPH. ASPH represents only the CEPH accredited schools of public health and does not include individual programs. So, the NYU MPH should be alright. :thumbup:

7. cbrown800

2+ Year Member

second that. ceph has a list of accredited schools and programs here: http://www.ceph.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3344

this accreditation is the most important one. there are many fine mph programs that are part of medical schools, not their own school of public health.