Program-Specific Info / Q's NYU MSOT 2020-2021 CYCLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot.forever

Reaction score
Hello, I made this forum to keep each other updated regarding the process. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Has anyone heard anything from NYU yet? I checked some forums from the past years and some people heard back early February. Good luck to everyone!

Hey! Has anyone heard anything from NYU yet? I checked some forums from the past years and some people heard back early February. Good luck to everyone!
No, I haven't heard yet :( I'll update when I do!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me neither! I don't think nobody has heard back yet.

Just found out I got in! Hope everyone else hears soon!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I was wait listed today! I'm still putting a deposit down at WashU since my deadline is monday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what your stats were?
Yeah! They're not that great to be honest, but I wrote pretty killer essays (I think) and my got recs from my OT, A&P professor and my director at the school I worked at.

GPA : 3.62
Prereqs: 3.8
GRE: 145 V, 142 Q, 3.5 AW
Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders
Hours: 103 in outpatient rehabilitation (upper extremities) that I got from july-oct last year.
Main extracurriculars: NSSLHA, Down Syndrome foundation of Florida
Volunteer Work: GKTW, 1000+ hours over 5 years at a non profit that brings wish kids from all over the world to Orlando FL to visit theme parks etc.
Work: Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Science Center, and an Elementary School as an after school teacher.

Yeah! They're not that great to be honest, but I wrote pretty killer essays (I think) and my got recs from my OT, A&P professor and my director at the school I worked at.

GPA : 3.62
Prereqs: 3.8
GRE: 145 V, 142 Q, 3.5 AW
Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders
Hours: 103 in outpatient rehabilitation (upper extremities) that I got from july-oct last year.
Main extracurriculars: NSSLHA, Down Syndrome foundation of Florida
Volunteer Work: GKTW, 1000+ hours over 5 years at a non profit that brings wish kids from all over the world to Orlando FL to visit theme parks etc.
Work: Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Science Center, and an Elementary School as an after school teacher.
Your stats look great!

Congrats! When did you apply? Would you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! I applied on the deadline date.

Sure!

Overall GPA: 3.76
Prereq GPA: Just under 4.00
Major: Psychology
Hours: At the time of my app - 60 in hands, 40 in outpatient rehab at a hospital (I started my hours in June 2020...super late...since I've only known I've wanted to do OT for about a year). I also had 150 hours in orthotics and prosthetics, which I think helped.
Extracurriculars: Camp Kesem, Ronald McDonald House, volunteer tutoring
Internships: I had quite a few non-profit and psych-related internships throughout college that were not OT-related.
Work: psychiatric research assistant, babysitting
I also got accepted! will you be attending??

I'm not sure if I'll be attending yet! The program is so pricey so I'm not sure if it's the best financial decision for me. Are you attending? :)

Thank you! I applied on the deadline date.

Sure!

Overall GPA: 3.76
Prereq GPA: Just under 4.00
Major: Psychology
Hours: At the time of my app - 60 in hands, 40 in outpatient rehab at a hospital (I started my hours in June 2020...super late...since I've only known I've wanted to do OT for about a year). I also had 150 hours in orthotics and prosthetics, which I think helped.
Extracurriculars: Camp Kesem, Ronald McDonald House, volunteer tutoring
Internships: I had quite a few non-profit and psych-related internships throughout college that were not OT-related.
Work: psychiatric research assistant, babysitting

I'm not sure if I'll be attending yet! The program is so pricey so I'm not sure if it's the best financial decision for me. Are you attending? :)
I don't think I will be but nothing certain yet. It really is so expensive plus nyc is super expensive too, I just feel my money is better used elsewhere lol. But I'm waiting to get in contact with current students like they mentioned in the email before making a final decision!

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist for NYU yet?

when is the program start date? I've been trying to find some timeline on their website but couldn't find any.