NYU Offcampus housing

Discussion in 'Dental' started by sunsera, Jun 3, 2002.

1. sunsera

sunsera New Member

Hi,
    I will be attending NYU Advanced Standing Program in July 2002. I am looking for off-campus housing. Does anyone have any information about good apartments that are close to the school and in a safe neighborhood?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vishal

vishal Member

hi sunsera,
    thats great u r going to NYU cos even i am also joining with u.i have done lot of research regarding housing near NYU and came to the conclusion that its better to take NYU housing if you want to stay near NYU cos everyhting else is pretty expensive around it.another option u have is to stay in queens or in NEW JERSEY acroos the river hudson,the only hassel is that you have to commute for like 45 min each way so i have opted for NYU HOUSING.so best of luck with your search for apt and let me know if you find anything near NYU. :) </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YOU SHOULD BE THE CHANGE YOU EXPECT FROM THE WORLD.

4. sunsera

sunsera New Member

Hi Vishal,
    Thanks for replying.
    I am trying to find an apartment in Hoboken,West New York area.If I find any apartment which is less expensive I will post it.

5. vishal

vishal Member

hey sunsera,
    i came across a website and a ph no for apts in hoboken and flushing.the website is-www.sublet.com and the ph no is 201-265-7900.if you are looking for apt in east harlem area,that i believe is like 15-20 from NYU,there ph no is-212-289-9200 but i have heard the east harlem area is not that safe.i hope this helps.take care. :)

6. diente

diente Junior Member

NYU actually has an off campus housing office. They have listings of housing availiable. If you can't make it to the office, they can fax current listings to you. Just let them know where and what price range you are looking for. NYU student housing is much too expensive. You should be able to find something on your own and save money and have more privacy.