NYU or Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BitComet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All..I am a Canadian resident and I gave NBDE exam in december and got acceptance into NYU. But just after my exam the rules in Canada changed as if from now there is no schooling but some clinical skills n fundamental knowledge exams.
I am very confused - should I go for 3 yrs course at NYU or should I start preparing for the Canadian boards to get the license directly??

Plzzzzzzzzzzzz help....Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All..I am a Canadian resident and I gave NBDE exam in december and got acceptance into NYU. But just after my exam the rules in Canada changed as if from now there is no schooling but some clinical skills n fundamental knowledge exams.
I am very confused - should I go for 3 yrs course at NYU or should I start preparing for the Canadian boards to get the license directly??

Plzzzzzzzzzzzz help....Thanks in advance.

The decision is ultimately yours, IMO this decision should be looked from a cost to benefit ratio if you are confident that ur clinical skill are up to par or that you can sharpen them and also pass the exam required for direct licensing then I would say go for the Canadian boards. Owing 300K and 3 years of your life at the very least should be the option for those who do not have any choice and from what you describe you do have a choice.

hey there
i am also a canadian citizen...
i would suggest you take it... the canadian procedure is tedious... its not as easy as everyone thinks... of course its not impossible either... but if i were in ur position i would take nyu without thinking twice...:D

the whole canadian procedure would take nearly a yr and half... that is if u clear all phases of it... if not ur gonna have to go for the same qualifying procedure and apply to a 2 yr program....i personally think only the cream of us will be able to make it through and the rest of us will have to apply to a qualifying program... imagine after a yr or so... u have to apply for a qualifying program... ur gonna be back to square 1!:eek:

its just my opinion... hope u choose the right option!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
The decision is ultimately yours, IMO this decision should be looked from a cost to benefit ratio if you are confident that ur clinical skill are up to par or that you can sharpen them and also pass the exam required for direct licensing then I would say go for the Canadian boards. Owing 300K and 3 years of your life at the very least should be the option for those who do not have any choice and from what you describe you do have a choice.

Thanks LFO for ur opinion...well you are right - Money & time are my main concerns..but to be very honest, I dnt think so that my clinical skills are that good to clear the exam right away..

hey there
i am also a canadian citizen...
i would suggest you take it... the canadian procedure is tedious... its not as easy as everyone thinks... of course its not impossible either... but if i were in ur position i would take nyu without thinking twice...:D

the whole canadian procedure would take nearly a yr and half... that is if u clear all phases of it... if not ur gonna have to go for the same qualifying procedure and apply to a 2 yr program....i personally think only the cream of us will be able to make it through and the rest of us will have to apply to a qualifying program... imagine after a yr or so... u have to apply for a qualifying program... ur gonna be back to square 1!:eek:

its just my opinion... hope u choose the right option!:thumbup:

Thanks jagsterDent...Ya even I have heard the process is tedious...but if u think of getting directly the license, it really forces to think about.
So are you preparing for the ACFD exam or have taken NBDE exam??

Thanks jagsterDent...Ya even I have heard the process is tedious...but if u think of getting directly the license, it really forces to think about.
So are you preparing for the ACFD exam or have taken NBDE exam??

i have taken nbde... my first priority is that...
if i dont make it through then next yr i will try for both again!

Common ppl, do not just view...helpppp...post ur views plzzzzzzz

Common ppl, do not just view...helpppp...post ur views plzzzzzzz

I would like to say "the person who needs to take such a tough decision, will have to be so strong from inside n great self believer. If u r the one then go with ur voice not anyone else`s". :thumbup::luck: