NYU or Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stephanie63

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If cost didn't matter, which one would you pick and why?

Members don't see this ad.

nyu doesn't drop anyone. look at the facts and figures provided by the adea on attrition rates.

you need to be proactive. if you expect everything to be handed to you then NYU may not be the place for you (that's actually what i was told during my interview by quite a few clinical profs).

Members don't see this ad :)
300 vs 120 class size. NYU drops the bottom 20% no matter what meaning 60 people will be going home or paying another $150K to repeat. NYU has a great night life which means distractions-a-plenty....ULSD not so much...which means more time to focus on study. After your a dentist move to NY.

Where does everyone keep geting this incorrect information from? If cost didn't matter, NYU.

I've heard very nice things about Louisville, but I haven't been there so I'm not going to comment on the campus/ curriculum. The concept of NYU just seems so overwhelming, I guess it boils down to what you're used to. I don't think I could handle living in New York. To me, its a nice place to visit, but I would never live there. I interviewed at NYU and I must say their facility is top notch. I liked how they had so many different floors with different specialties. However, I didn't like the fact that students said that the electronic book system you pay for is useless and a lot of people don't even attend class. Idk it really boils down to which school best fits YOU.