NYU or P&S - which one is for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numinous

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You might think that I actually have a choice between these two schools ? I do not; I am on the waitlist at each. This puts me in a funny position. While already accepted at an area med school, I really want to go to either NYU or Columbia. I have written to both indicating strong interest, but not committing my first choice to either. I realize that I must decide which is my first choice in order to pursue it more pointedly, but I can?t really decide where I would be better suited. I believe that Columbia has prestige, an unparalleled education and that alums have an amazing network available to them. NYU seemed a little more modern. The students seemed a little cooler, it is located more downtown and the clinical experience was more directed toward underserved patients (something I am committed to). I would like to study abroad during med school, I am liberal (and active) politically and I really value a diverse student body. Does anyone have any input that would help me decide on my first choice between my waitlists? I understand that this is not quite as monumental a decision as getting to actually choose between two admissions, but as an alternate, I need to decide in order to increase my chance of getting accepted at one of them. Thanks for any advice! Good luck to fellow waitlisters...

Members don't see this ad.

I am waitlisted at both of those schools too. I like them both but prefer Columbia. But I am happy where I am going and not holding my breath.