Feb 8, 2010
Status
Hi everyone,

If one were to choose between NYU and UCONN, which one would be the best choice?

I know the class size of UCONN is much smaller then NYU and it is also a lot cheaper. what else? which one's better clinically/academically?

Pros and cons of both would help

Thanks

Aug 18, 2009
Status
Hi everyone,

If one were to choose between NYU and UCONN, which one would be the best choice?

I know the class size of UCONN is much smaller then NYU and it is also a lot cheaper. what else? which one's better clinically/academically?

Pros and cons of both would help

Thanks
no doubt that UCONN is better. NYU is very crowded. and there is a chance to kick you out after the first year of the program. go for uconn

chillpill

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Uconn already accepted people? are there more interviews? I am not sure about both colleges but I know last year two people who got accepted at UCONN and NYU joined NYU. The best thing will be to talk to them . They can help you the most. Good luck

nbdepart1

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2008
Connecticut
Status
Dental Student
uconn will be a better choice financially. but nyu has a better patient pool. so you will have better clinical exposure there. so both schools has its benefits, depends on what u r looking for.

avboarder04

Dramatic Smiles
Apr 6, 2010
Lakeville, MN
Status
Pre-Dental
NYU! Remember that not only is the school important but the people you meet while you are there. New York will always bring insight and perspectives that you won't find anywhere else. Just my opinion.

zsy_lzy

A Born Dentist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
Fennimore, WI
www.fennimoredentist.com
Status
Dentist
u conn for sure,,dude.

smyl

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2009
Status
Dental Student
NEW YORK without any doubt. I do not think there is a better school in USA which gives the amount of clinical practice that NYU gives. Dentistry is 80% practical field and 20% being else. So, in case u want to become a DENTIST, answer should be there for u rather than the question about 3 years.

pbkal

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dentist
NEW YORK without any doubt. I do not think there is a better school in USA which gives the amount of clinical practice that NYU gives. Dentistry is 80% practical field and 20% being else. So, in case u want to become a DENTIST, answer should be there for u rather than the question about 3 years.
hey smyl!!
could u pls tell ur opinion if you have to choose betwn UIC and BU,which one would u go for??i know BU is good school,but im not aware of UIC curriculum.would be great if u could tell ur opinion ........
anyother opinions are most welcome.....thanku.

zsy_lzy

A Born Dentist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
Fennimore, WI
www.fennimoredentist.com
Status
Dentist
dude,,
come to U of MN.

smyl

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I would go for UIC and reasons:

1. I have worked under a dentist who graduated from UIC and he recommended it highly and watching him work, really impressed me.
2. Being in UIC, you will be amongst only citizens and green card holders. This means you will have a different frame of mind starting form the word go.
3. I have always heard so so about boston school.

Rest what I see is: There is no difference in any school as such. But in case u have options its better to choose best. At the end of graduation it will be you being a DDS and working alone without the school tag.

pbkal

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dentist
I would go for UIC and reasons:

1. I have worked under a dentist who graduated from UIC and he recommended it highly and watching him work, really impressed me.
2. Being in UIC, you will be amongst only citizens and green card holders. This means you will have a different frame of mind starting form the word go.
3. I have always heard so so about boston school.

Rest what I see is: There is no difference in any school as such. But in case u have options its better to choose best. At the end of graduation it will be you being a DDS and working alone without the school tag.

thanku very much smyl.thats really a helpfull suggestion..
r u done with applications and acceptance??

pbkal

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dentist
Yes I got into NYU class of 2013. how about u?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
im appying to schools this year,i mean for 2011 class.so,i have to start my application cycle now.waiting for my toefl result.