Nyu - Pda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anjalia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i
I was hoping if anybody can tell me if the PDA is a
mandatory tool in NYU.
I might have the discussion on this ....if there was 1.
Somebody kind enough to let me know if it is neccesary
& any other detail associated with it.

Anjali :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes a pda is neccessary according to nyu...
they use it to track patients and schedules also for medical programs such as ePocrates...PDA requirements are found on that sheet that they mailed us a couple weeks ago with computer/pda requirements...

A great pda for a decent price is the palm tungsten tx.
It's about 249.99 on ebay...and it has wifi, bluetooth and has a nice compact form factor.

I heard we can buy our laptop but NYU will provide palm on the day of the orientaion and the cost will be part of the fee. Do you think this info is wrong and i should check with NYU again???

Khurram said:
Yes a pda is neccessary according to nyu...
they use it to track patients and schedules also for medical programs such as ePocrates...PDA requirements are found on that sheet that they mailed us a couple weeks ago with computer/pda requirements...

A great pda for a decent price is the palm tungsten tx.
It's about 249.99 on ebay...and it has wifi, bluetooth and has a nice compact form factor.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too had the same impression that they will provide the PDA.I am confused.I might have to buy one now.Plz do clarify.

As far as i know you can either purchase your own, or get one from them on the day of orientation...make no mistake about it though..u will be paying for the one they provide you on the day of the orientation..

so they let u either buy your own, or you can purchase one on the first day of orientation

NYU will be providing the PDA along with the other instruments on the week of orientation. I don’t think that you have a choice whether to buy it or not.Its included in the fees.

djp said:
NYU will be providing the PDA along with the other instruments on the week of orientation. I don’t think that you have a choice whether to buy it or not.Its included in the fees.

After all these discussions..........the final verdict is what? :confused:
I still am confused.We do get the pda on the day of the orientation,
but we pay for it or is it included in the fee. :(
Which one of this true??? ;) :mad: ;)

Anjalia said:
After all these discussions..........the final verdict is what? :confused:
I still am confused.We do get the pda on the day of the orientation,
but we pay for it or is it included in the fee. :(
Which one of this true??? ;) :mad: ;)

You have to pay for it. Its not included in the fees. Its your choice if you want to buy from NYU or buy one of your own. I already purchased my own smart phone Treo 650. Hope that helps. TK

vitaltooth said:
You have to pay for it. Its not included in the fees. Its your choice if you want to buy from NYU or buy one of your own. I already purchased my own smart phone Treo 650. Hope that helps. TK

Nice choice,
did you get the treo 650 that runs on palm? I checked with nyu and we do not neccesarily have to use a palm based os....you can also use the pocket pc os...just a note