NYU questions, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MYDDSDREAM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everone!! I have an interview at NYU on April 1st, can anyone furnish some insight about the experience, questions, and group or single interview. Your input is appreciated!. Best Regards. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Click on "SEARCH" and type in "NYU" and be sure that you're in the pre-dental forum, you should find many personal experiences about NYU from us (SDN people)!

MYDDSDREAM,
I just got back from interviewing at NYU. It was a great experience with great facilities (in my opinion). Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks I appreciate the input, what did they ask? thanks!!

The interview starts with all the applicants meeting a 8 am. You have to fill out the NYU supplemental application. While you are doing that, each applicant is interviewed. The interview that I had was extremely laid back. We started out by talking about the Duke-Indiana game from Thursday.
The main questions I got were:
Why dentistry?
Why NYU?
Why not medical school?
What are my strengths/weaknesses?
Like I said, it was very laid back and relaxed. I actually interviewed for about 1/2 hour. You then take a tour of the facility, have a financial aid meeting, and then have lunch with a 3rd year student. He was very informative and helpful in answering all of my questions. Overall, I had a good experience and I hope to get accepted at NYU!

What's up Brian,

Great to hear that you had a wonderful interview at NYU! You didn't get Dr. Weiselberg, huh? Did you at least see him interviewing? I'm sure that you got accepted, NYU is pretty good like that! Did you like the 11th floor? WOW, huh? If you get in and will attend, I know a guy that will be your classmate, he had the same interview day as me at NYU. He's for sure going to NYU and he's a pretty cool guy, let me know when you get in and decided to go, I'll give you his info so you guys can get a head start on meeting your classmates.

Andy :cool:

Hey Andy,
The 11th floor of NYU was incredible! I could see myself at NYU- the clinics were great. Everyone seemed extremely friendly. Talking with the 3rd year dental student was extremely helpful. I have my fingers crossed- they send out the letters today!