Nyu Reviewing My Application Without My Dat Scores???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afrosheen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this letter from NYU today: "Thank you for applying for admission to the New York University College of Dentistry. Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." The only thing missing is my DAT scores. Do they review without DAT scores in yet?

Members don't see this ad.

afrosheen said:
I got this letter from NYU today: "Thank you for applying for admission to the New York University College of Dentistry. Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." The only thing missing is my DAT scores. Do they review without DAT scores in yet?

i got the same letter too and i didn't take my dat yet.

afrosheen said:

When did your AADSAS printout got mail out?

Members don't see this ad :)
my addsas went out july 17th

i got my letter also. I think its just an automatic mailing once they have your aadsas application. They'll still need your DAT scores..

This is a little out of topic, but since you all are applying to NYU, you might have an answer for my question. My ADDSAS application was mailed out since July without my committee letter. My school is super slow in preparing the committe letter, that being said, my letter won't be sent out till the end of this month. My question is instead of sending it to AADSAS, can i send directly to NYU? I couldn't find any information regarding to this on the website. Please help! I am asking this becasue some schools are very particular regarding this process. Thanks ahead!

This happened to me last year. My rejection letter was dated 7 days after the "review" letter. Hope things work out better than it did for me.

flyermann1 said:
This is a little out of topic, but since you all are applying to NYU, you might have an answer for my question. My ADDSAS application was mailed out since July without my committee letter. My school is super slow in preparing the committe letter, that being said, my letter won't be sent out till the end of this month. My question is instead of sending it to AADSAS, can i send directly to NYU? I couldn't find any information regarding to this on the website. Please help! I am asking this becasue some schools are very particular regarding this process. Thanks ahead!

yes, you can send it to the schools directly bypassing AADSAS.

afrosheen said:

It probably is sent to everyone just to keep every anxious student from emailing and calling them every 10 seconds.

Does getting the letter mean that they've received my LORs too?

afrosheen said:

Have you mail your $75 application fee yet?

Yep, and they've cashed it too.