afrosheen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2006
Status
I got this letter from NYU today: "Thank you for applying for admission to the New York University College of Dentistry. Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." The only thing missing is my DAT scores. Do they review without DAT scores in yet?

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Status
afrosheen said:
I got this letter from NYU today: "Thank you for applying for admission to the New York University College of Dentistry. Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." The only thing missing is my DAT scores. Do they review without DAT scores in yet?
i got the same letter too and i didn't take my dat yet.

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
Status
Dental Student
afrosheen said:
When did your AADSAS printout got mail out?

About the Ads

kokobean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
California
Status
Dentist
i got my letter also. I think its just an automatic mailing once they have your aadsas application. They'll still need your DAT scores..

flyermann1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
This is a little out of topic, but since you all are applying to NYU, you might have an answer for my question. My ADDSAS application was mailed out since July without my committee letter. My school is super slow in preparing the committe letter, that being said, my letter won't be sent out till the end of this month. My question is instead of sending it to AADSAS, can i send directly to NYU? I couldn't find any information regarding to this on the website. Please help! I am asking this becasue some schools are very particular regarding this process. Thanks ahead!

reapply2007

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Dental Student
This happened to me last year. My rejection letter was dated 7 days after the "review" letter. Hope things work out better than it did for me.

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status
Dental Student
flyermann1 said:
This is a little out of topic, but since you all are applying to NYU, you might have an answer for my question. My ADDSAS application was mailed out since July without my committee letter. My school is super slow in preparing the committe letter, that being said, my letter won't be sent out till the end of this month. My question is instead of sending it to AADSAS, can i send directly to NYU? I couldn't find any information regarding to this on the website. Please help! I am asking this becasue some schools are very particular regarding this process. Thanks ahead!
yes, you can send it to the schools directly bypassing AADSAS.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
afrosheen said:
It probably is sent to everyone just to keep every anxious student from emailing and calling them every 10 seconds.

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Does getting the letter mean that they've received my LORs too?

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
Status
Dental Student
afrosheen said:
Have you mail your $75 application fee yet?

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Yep, and they've cashed it too.

About the Ads