NYU School of Medicine Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joebo326

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know, on the NYU secondary app, if for the coursework section we are suppose to put all of the course we took in each subject listed on the drop down menu, or just one for each?

-Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know, on the NYU secondary app, if for the coursework section we are suppose to put all of the course we took in each subject listed on the drop down menu, or just one for each?

-Thanks in advance.

Because it asked for a grade, I put in all of my courses.

All of the secondaries that ask for coursework are asking for prerequisites. They do not want you to list all your courses, because they already have your AMCAS. Its just an easy way for them to see that you satisfied their prereq requirements. I just listed my intro bio courses, and whatever satisfied the 8 credit requirements.
(And yes, I've confirmed this with ADCOMs)

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the secondaries that ask for coursework are asking for prerequisites. They do not want you to list all your courses, because they already have your AMCAS. Its just an easy way for them to see that you satisfied their prereq requirements. I just listed my intro bio courses, and whatever satisfied the 8 credit requirements.
(And yes, I've confirmed this with ADCOMs)

Oops, yes, I meant all of my pre-requisites, not every single class.

I did much better in my upper level coursework.

I would much rather post my upper-level coursework because of this. Also, from this, It would be implied that I satisfied my pre-requistes.

Does anyone agree or disagree with this notion or should I just stick to the pre-requisites??

-Thanks

I did much better in my upper level coursework.

I would much rather post my upper-level coursework because of this. Also, from this, It would be implied that I satisfied my pre-requistes.

Does anyone agree or disagree with this notion or should I just stick to the pre-requisites??

-Thanks

Pretty sure that's why they mentioned the "one year of required courses" or whatever they said. That's all they want. I am a reapplicant to this school and the old application was a little different, but they were a little more clear about just wanting your pre-req grades. So I would not put down your upper level courses.