NYU Status-anyone else waiting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kings2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Both my secondary and LOR's were sent to NYU 7/27, and I still haven't received an email confirming my complete application. I called the school and the secretary was very firm about not checking status over the phone. He said wait for an email. BUt its been almost a month -- any ideas on what to do?
Anyone else waiting for confirmation from them?

Members don't see this ad.

kings2 said:
Hey guys,

Both my secondary and LOR's were sent to NYU 7/27, and I still haven't received an email confirming my complete application. I called the school and the secretary was very firm about not checking status over the phone. He said wait for an email. BUt its been almost a month -- any ideas on what to do?
Anyone else waiting for confirmation from them?

They're pretty slow about it. I called once and I got the same firm answer. But the second time around, the person explained that they send out thier confirmations in chunks, and alphabetically. So you should be okay.

this process is all so random....
my LORs were sent on August 12th to NYU and I recieved an email on August 18th saying my application was complete.

if they won't tell you your status via phone, maybe try emailing them.
g'luck~

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys,

you always seem to ease the stress ;) much appreciated. I'll try and email them.

kings

I sent my secondary on 8/12 and I today I received an email that I am complete (8/24).

-tx

I got an email today saying they still dont have my recommendations, which should have arrived no later than yesterday. Does it take awhile for them to process their arrival?