NYU student sleeping in library for 8 months

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

politicallyRite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
politicallyRite said:
try to avoid living in NYC at all cost...any other NYU or Columbia students sleeping in the library?
i just read this on BBC website.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/3665885.stm

LOL, the guy kept his belongings in his locker?!? That must be some huge locker! Good thing he is not a dental student.

I don't think a dental student will be able to do that. My locker here at my school is barely big enough to fit all the kit issue (materials and instruments) we were given during freshman orientation, let alone all my clothes and belongings.. :D

I've dozed off while studying in the Butler Library (at Columbia's 116th Street campus) but man those wooden chairs they have in the 24-hour main reading room are guaranteed to make you sore and get a crick in your neck if you fall asleep in them.. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
actually man....our lockers were really small...they're about..ooh 8 inches wide, 10 inches deep...but really really tall.. i thought about sleeping in the library myself to save money..hahahahahaa

I found a way to save 18K in living expenses at NYU......this guy is my hero..... :idea: :idea:

Where do you take chicks after a date? Unless it's a studydate, in which case it doesn't matter.

Calculus1 said:
Where do you take chicks after a date?
At my school the private study rooms at the library were often used for...umm...extracurricular purposes. I always thought that was common practice at most colleges.

I wonder how he was able to do laundary w/o anybody noticing him carrying around a basket full of dirty clothes.....

Or if anybody noticed the clothesline strung up between the stalls in the restroom with his laundry drying on it.. :laugh:

dental2008 said:
My brother has 3 lockers ay NYUCD
I am wondering if that's normal - or abnormal. :D

ToothMonkey said:
At my school the private study rooms at the library were often used for...umm...extracurricular purposes. I always thought that was common practice at most colleges.

Yeah, people would at my school, but the architect that designed our library was a genius and put in floor to ceiling glass(not that I would let it stop me). :laugh:

Poor Guy :(

That's awesome. I know a guy in my undergrad that lived in the fine arts building practice rooms for a semester. :)

Jessica

Anyone know if there are any empty rooms at UCLA SoD?

I doubt you'd actually try to live IN campus like that NYU guy, but as a UCLA undergraduate student, I can provide you with a helpful link:

http://hours.library.ucla.edu

Good luck.

Note: I've only slept in the library once b/c I was studying late one night and my final was at 8:00 in the morning. The couches in Powell are pretty comfortable, and plentiful, but the library is not open 24/7 all the time (Night Powell).