NYU vs. SUNY Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe274

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to NYU and on the waitlist at Stony Brook. I just wanna be prepared to decide if, per chance, I am accepted off the waitlist.

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna stick with NYU, but as a NY resident, the instate tuition is tempting. Especially since I am leaning towards primary care. Just thought i'd throw this out there.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question I have battled with myself. Choosing a more expensive school over a public one. The research I have done points that if you truly want to do primary care then choosing a school with lower tuition will save you a tremendous amount of unnecessary expense. However if your not completely convinced on primary care and you want to leave your options more open then it might be worth the extra $100,000 tuition (however mind you with loans and so much your looking are more like $300,000). So take the time to think hard about what you want to do with your life. Its not like going to a public school will limit your chances at all changing your career choice, however attending a private school has a significant financial set back.

Status
Not open for further replies.