NYU vs. USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimmer579

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NYU or USC, which would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

kimmer579 said:
NYU.

By the way, did you know that the trojans are the most famous losers in ancient history?

kimmer579 said:

i think they are fairly equal in terms of ranking, clinical training, and cost. however, i have heard numerous complaints about med students feeling unsupported/lack of guidance at usc. also, location of nyu is a big plus, but cost of living is super high in nyc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to USC. Cali med school = Cali residency. It'll be worth it.

lulubean said:
i think they are fairly equal in terms of ranking, clinical training, and cost. however, i have heard numerous complaints about med students feeling unsupported/lack of guidance at usc. also, location of nyu is a big plus, but cost of living is super high in nyc.

If rankings are important to you, while they are ranked very similarly now (30,33), if you go back a few years NYU was ranked as high as 21, while USC as low as 43. So that can be interpretted as NYU having a more highly established reputation and USC was not as highly regarded in the past. Or as NYU on the decling and USC on the rise I suppose. I actually don't think that rankings are important, but I felt like pointing out the trends. I would choose NYU over USC because I don't like southern californians :D

trojans? blech!

NYU all the way!

now...if UCLA accepts...thats a whole other ball game.

I think I might try out USC just for the change of scenery, I've never been to Cali.