Nyu Waiting List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsmesteve

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how the waiting list works at NYU. I am on it and am going crazy waiting for an answer. Is there a ranking for that list? What are the chances of getting chosen for a place in the class off that list? Am I supposed to just wait or should I continue to call their office - I don't want to ruin my chances by becoming a pest.

Members don't see this ad.

steve, i am on the same boat as you are. i have stopped calling them b/c i felt that they were getting really annoyed. what i think is that there is no numbered waiting list, they have their own way of waitlisting peple which wont tell it to applicants. in most schools when you get the waitlist letter you have a rank...(they tell you that as of today you are # XY on the list) and whenever you call the office they will tell you how high on the list you have moved. at NYU they dont even tell you where on the list we are...

if you have been accepted to other schools, i'd say go with them since you know that you have a spot. if not just wait and "please be patient." there is still some chance since i have heard that there are still people with multipe deposits which wont let the schools know till weeks even days before the classes start. also, for some reason ALWAYS few spots open on the first day of school!!!

i hope things work out though.... good luck

waiting comet