nyu waitlist is rejection??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fateh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:eek:
i know this might have shocked u guys.seriously guys i think nyu waitlist is game.i didn't hear anyone getting rejection letter after interview.everyone is waitlisted.i myself don't want to belive this but i think this true that this waitlist is fake hope.very few of us will get in nyu.may be 7-8 out of all long list.sorry if some felt bad after reading this.

Members don't see this ad.

fateh said:
:eek:
i know this might have shocked u guys.seriously guys i think nyu waitlist is game.i didn't hear anyone getting rejection letter after interview.everyone is waitlisted.i myself don't want to belive this but i think this true that this waitlist is fake hope.very few of us will get in nyu.may be 7-8 out of all long list.sorry if some felt bad after reading this.

I have realized that "waitlist=rejection" long time back when I received my waitlist letter. I still could not understand why they called so many people for interview knowing that they could not accomodate everyone...sounds like some kind of stupid game...

i dontthink we should wait for the " waiting list " to move..it might take a longer time or may not happen....but look at the bright side..the next admission cycle is right around the corner........we all learn from our mistakes...and we will never repeat the same ones again..its time to revise and redo those resumes...work on them..get everything in place....maybe even deal with the boards again.........BUT... BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THE NEXT CYCLE.............. ;)
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE...
:thumbup: :thumbup: ..
WHATS OVER IS OVER...MOVE ON..AND FACE THE NEXT ONE..THAT IS WHAT IS PROBABLY THE BEST FOR EVERYONE ..do not be offended by what i write ..but i am in the same position as you... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
CASPER said:
i dontthink we should wait for the " waiting list " to move..it might take a longer time or may not happen....but look at the bright side..the next admission cycle is right around the corner........we all learn from our mistakes...and we will never repeat the same ones again..its time to revise and redo those resumes...work on them..get everything in place....maybe even deal with the boards again.........BUT... BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THE NEXT CYCLE.............. ;)
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE...
:thumbup: :thumbup: ..
WHATS OVER IS OVER...MOVE ON..AND FACE THE NEXT ONE..THAT IS WHAT IS PROBABLY THE BEST FOR EVERYONE ..do not be offended by what i write ..but i am in the same position as you... :(

Indeed a fitting riposte CASPER. NYU waiting list is illusive at the best. A pie in the sky! I spoke to someone who was interviewed in Jan/Feb 2004 and still waitlisted!!! I mean how many they have on the waitlist for how many years??? Of course if few accepted candidates for this year decide not to join the school then some of us may get in. But we can't dwell on that. As you have rightly said it is time to move on. Even perpetuating a thread such as this seems to be self-destructive as we human beings harbor hope, however unfounded that may be!

ya,well said! ;)
rahmed said:
Indeed a fitting riposte CASPER. NYU waiting list is illusive at the best. A pie in the sky! I spoke to someone who was interviewed in Jan/Feb 2004 and still waitlisted!!! I mean how many they have on the waitlist for how many years??? Of course if few accepted candidates for this year decide not to join the school then some of us may get in. But we can't dwell on that. As you have rightly said it is time to move on. Even perpetuating a thread such as this seems to be self-destructive as we human beings harbor hope, however unfounded that may be!