Quantcast

NYU waitlist procedures / policies? HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FloridaStudy

El Capitan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just recently found out I have been placed on the waitlist at NYU. Does anyone have any idea as to how NYU's waitlist procedures work (e.g. do they rank their waitlist? or 'reassess the applicant pool each time a spot opens up?' , etc.). As far as I know, NYU is not full since they are still offering interview spots.

Also, has anyone been admitted off of the waitlist at NYU? If so, how long were you on the waitlist and when (e.g. month and time) did you come OFF of the waitlist? Thanks for all of your help guys and gals. :) -FS

3rdMolarRoller

User Account Deleted
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I just asked someone at school how many spots are open and how the waitlist works. Here you go:

They will not give a specific number as to how many seats are left but there are still seats open.

They will not let you know how they rank waitlist people so do not even bother asking them about it. They wouldn't even tell me a current student. It must be a national security issue :laugh:

You can be taken off the waitlist up until the end of the first week of class so there is hope.

# of applicants is up this year so it will be a little harder to gain admissions.

Just hang in there and keep in touch with them and let them know you want to go here. Also ask what you can do to make you a more attractive applicant if not now but for next year.

It is almost March so begin to prepare your stuff for next application cycle should you not get in this one...and make sure it is in on the first possible day!

Rezdawg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Holy crap...I was out of town for a week, i come back to find that Ive been waitlisted as well. 3 of the kids that I interviewed with were also waitlisted. That blows. Oh well, nothing I can do about it other than wait.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like there are enough people waitlisted at NYU on here that we can start an official club!!! i nominate myself for presidency since i have been on this list since LAST cycle.
will i ever get off of it??

Waiting Comet!

preludexl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Comet208
It looks like there are enough people waitlisted at NYU on here that we can start an official club!!! i nominate myself for presidency since i have been on this list since LAST cycle.
will i ever get off of it??

Waiting Comet!

You mean since last year or the last round of acceptances? I didnt know waitlists lasted that long.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by preludexl
You mean since last year or the last round of acceptances? I didnt know waitlists lasted that long.

since 2003 cycle... it has its own procedures... i am not the only one on it.

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys........sorry to hear about the NYU waitlist.......I honestly think that they are just putting you on the side until they see what else is out there.......I know that Broc has been posting that NYu is trying to change their admissions policy and trying to make it tougher to gain admissions, but the truth still remains that NYU is the most expensive school with the largest class size. Come summertime, when the reality hits NYU that most candidates with higher GPAs opt to not attend NYU (with minor exceptions like Broc), they will turn to you guys on the waitlist to fill their VERY LARGE class.......no worries in my opinion! Gaining an interview means that they are considering you, but they know they have the power to make you wait, so they are using it.....

It will all be good.......patience......

RupeshV

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was put on the waitlist about a couple of weeks ago for the second time, hopefully i can gain an admission for this year, otherwise its off to grad school, its my gpa that is holding me back

rupesh

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
RupeshV, what is your gpa? I'm still hoping for an interview with a 3.0 gpa 2.8 science and 19/20/19

Does anyone think NYU is full? Anybody got any inside info or atleast predictions?

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MY GPA was similar to yours, but your DAT scores might actually save you. Best of luck.

RupeshV

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its on the stats page, but here they are:

gpa- 2.71
Dat- 19/20/15

Good luck to you, I am sure you will recieve an interview from NYU anyday now.

Rupesh

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.