Nyu Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SHINE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I got waitisted in NYU which i thought was easier to get into and was my last hope. The letter states that i have to wait untill a space is available or I have to reapply for next year. This is very dissappointing and its like a punishment to me. I really dont know what to do. I am very confused :confused: whether to retake my part1 or go for part2 now? I posted another thread also part1 or part2 but nobody is helping. Guys please help. I should make my decision real quick in order to take the exam cuz i dint startstudying yet. My part 1 is 87. It dint get me anywhere. I am really depressed :( and embarrassed :oops: I have two options either to retake part1 or to take part2. Please suggest which one is best for me. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Well if I were you then I would have retaken part 1. It will be a lot easier for you or anyone else to retake it, since you have already been thru the prep and all. There are many examples, and also on SDN, people have taken it and got real good marks.
Just be relaxed and concentrate on part 1. You will do real good this time.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saira said:
Well if I were you then I would have retaken part 1. It will be a lot easier for you or anyone else to retake it, since you have already been thru the prep and all. There are many examples, and also on SDN, people have taken it and got real good marks.
Just be relaxed and concentrate on part 1. You will do real good this time.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Thanks alot saira for your reply. But it will be my 3rd time. Do you think the attempts really matter. I had 83 the first time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone with stas of part1 87 and part2 86 was accepted in UPenn for 2005 session. At the sametime someone with part1 95 was rejected by UPenn for the same session! It's a strange world of DDS advanced standing. I don't think no one is in a position to advice correctly. But the safer bet would be to move heaven and earth, study like hell and retake part1. And if possible and if you feel confident and comfortable then take part2, look at the score and then assess. Most likely you have to retake part1 anyway. But you have your complete part1and 2 scores. I am following the second route. Taking part2 in April and then assess. The advice came from couple Faculty of different dental schools.

rahmed

hi Rahmed, Thanks for your reply :) but its confusing me more. taking part2 in april will not be possible as I did not start studying yet. Infact I am unable to make a decision right now. Thats why I preferred You guys for help. Believe me I trust sdn. You guys are really helpful. Anyway I am planning to take my test in June but I still dont know which one? :smuggrin:

What is your part1 score?

Hi there, what about your GPA and your Toefl exam, how much did you score in those?? Becasuse if your GPA is low you must try to score more than 90 to get into school.
Anyway keep going and don't loose hope!!

Babyteeth

SHINE said:
What is your part1 score?

86/273/3.79; It's in every relevant thread. What's your TOEFL score and GPA? Since you haven't started preparing for part2 your choice is very clear. Retake part1 if you want to get in DDS advanced standing program. your Part1 score is good enough for Grad programs (except possibly Ortho programs...one needs 90+). That is the reason why I am taking part2, as I might go for Grad program instead of DDS.

rahmed

rahmed said:
86/273/3.79; It's in every relevant thread. What's your TOEFL score and GPA? Since you haven't started preparing for part2 your choice is very clear. Retake part1 if you want to get in DDS advanced standing program. your Part1 score is good enough for Grad programs (except possibly Ortho programs...one needs 90+). That is the reason why I am taking part2, as I might go for Grad program instead of DDS.

rahmed
Hi rahmed, my toefl 250 and gpa 3.95. when i retook part1 I was working part time and studied for 2&1/2 months. I did decks and old exams only. I dont have kaplan. So if I do take part1 I shd do something new like kaplan otherwise the range is not gonna change. Is it good to go for Grad programs. Cuz my main goal is to get the licence to practice. Can we practice still after the grad prog or we have to go for dds again after that?

Is there anybody else in the NYU waitlist?

SiMpLy IrReSiStAbLe said:
hi shine,
check ur pm
Thanks for such a nice message :) made me feel good.
check your pm

SHINE said:
Hi, I got waitisted in NYU which i thought was easier to get into and was my last hope. The letter states that i have to wait untill a space is available or I have to reapply for next year. This is very dissappointing and its like a punishment to me. I really dont know what to do. I am very confused :confused: whether to retake my part1 or go for part2 now? I posted another thread also part1 or part2 but nobody is helping. Guys please help. I should make my decision real quick in order to take the exam cuz i dint startstudying yet. My part 1 is 87. It dint get me anywhere. I am really depressed :( and embarrassed :oops: I have two options either to retake part1 or to take part2. Please suggest which one is best for me. :eek:

Hey Shine,
Can you please tell me when did you have your interview and when did you get their response because I'm also waiting to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was on 17th

SHINE said:

Check your PM.

SHINE said:
Hi rahmed, my toefl 250 and gpa 3.95. when i retook part1 I was working part time and studied for 2&1/2 months. I did decks and old exams only. I dont have kaplan. So if I do take part1 I shd do something new like kaplan otherwise the range is not gonna change. Is it good to go for Grad programs. Cuz my main goal is to get the licence to practice. Can we practice still after the grad prog or we have to go for dds again after that?

Grad programs will get you a job in Faculty. And there is a good possibility you will be able to do your DDS as a member of Faculty at a lower cost. Since there is a huge demand in certain teaching areas at this moment, one stands a good chance of getting a job.

On the otherhand if your aim is to pursue pure dental practice then you should have single-minded determination to get into an Advanced Standing program. For that a higher score in part 1 is important. In your second attempt you have improved your score. There is every indication you will improve it further. My only advice is to broaden your knowledge by consulting some Text books, like Chaurasia/Snail's Anatomy, Wheeler's Dental Anatomy etc. Kaplan online question bank is very useful. If you have online access then get it soon. It costs $199 for 3 months or $99 for one month.

You should target to take exam after 3 months prep. This is my opinion. Please follow your instinct.

rahmed

Thank u so much rahmed. I really appreciate your words especially the last line is gr8. FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT :) thas exactly wat I am gonna do.

Hey Shine, hope you got your answer too.

hey guys,
my question is that if they have started putting people on the waitlist..does that mean that all the seats have been filled already? i havent' even gotten an interview call yet so i guess my luck has run out...or perhaps they are saving some seats for the interviewees for march and april...because i called and they told me that they are interviewing till the end of april...i'm confused,, they wouldn't call more people for interviewing if they had 0 seats left would they???

There are 5 threads currently on 'NYU and Future Plan' or similar topic. I think they shoulhd be tied together. I think we all should follow this thread and post our views regarding NYU, Waitlist and future plan.

rahmed

Hi shine. Count me in the waiting list with you. My advice is since you have a good GPA and your part 1 score is good then, take part 2 because it would be a big plus for you,especaily on your application. Also , when any university sees that you have completed both of the national board exams then your capable of passing there exams and any other exams . Wish you the very best on your decision ....

Had my interview today.. The lady from the financial counselling did say " The seats are nearabout full...or completely full for that matter "
:( Guess that says it all

hey
I know thats sad if someone tells u rite after the interview that what ever u just went thru was a waste and that come back next year.but dont loose hope.I am sure god has soemthing great held for u.
so what are u planning to do now.improve ur scores or go with the same score.or give part 2..
do reply..till then take care and good luck with what ever u do.remember dont loose hope..
tanuj :luck:

drtanujpuri said:
hey
I know thats sad if someone tells u rite after the interview that what ever u just went thru was a waste and that come back next year.but dont loose hope.I am sure god has soemthing great held for u.
so what are u planning to do now.improve ur scores or go with the same score.or give part 2..
do reply..till then take care and good luck with what ever u do.remember dont loose hope..
tanuj :luck:
right dont loose hopes buddy they said almost not the 100 percent seats so cross ur finger and wait for acceptance letter ajaydas

I am soo sorry. I didn't mean to discourage those who are yet to appear for the interview. Anyways yeah.. Just keep your fingers crossed. Thanks for the messages guys :D
Just feel that they should conduct tours to only those people who are accepted.
The place looked KEWL!!

i applied to nyu in the first week of february.but still haven't heard from them.i called them yesterday and they said that they are still sending out letters for interview.now is that really possible if the seats are nearly full!i'm confused.

hey black tooth! can i have ur scores plazseesee! called up nyu last wk. 2 get the same answer!still being a little too optimistic!prady!

I just got accepted to NYU and I was on Waitlist. Wow its such big relief. I interviewed on Feb 24th, and was put on wait list. Just got snail mail that I have been moved from waitlist to accepted student. Letter was mailed on March 25th.

My scores are
89, 3.41(ECE), 261.

Did any one else get the same letter. Good luck to everyone else.

Robot123 said:
I just got accepted to NYU and I was on Waitlist. Wow its such big relief. I interviewed on Feb 24th, and was put on wait list. Just got snail mail that I have been moved from waitlist to accepted student. Letter was mailed on March 25th.

My scores are
89, 3.41(ECE), 261.

Hi Robot123,
Wow! that's a great news :thumbup: ..Congrats on NYU acceptance :)
I know definitly it's the biggest relief!.Now you can relax and enjoy your acceptance :) :luck:

Robot123 said:

My scores are
89, 3.41(ECE), 261.

Congrats,Robot123

So did you find a common theme for weakness 'in all of us'? Oh go on tell me. So where are you staying in NYC? I will be in a small hotel at the junction of 5th Ave and 25th St, 6 blocks to school.

rahmed

spowari said:
Hi Robert,

Congratulations!! Thats really a wonderful news. I also have my inteview on March 31st. I am preparing for the interview. I will appiciate your help in this regard.

The most difficult question to answer for me is my weakness. I am reading the postings from various members. And most of them have been asked this question.

I need your Suggestion as to how to answer this question? If you dont mind can you share with me how did you handle this question?

I mean is there any specific weakness that we can share with them......?

An early reply is highly appriciated.

Thanks & regards

Robot123 said:

My scores are
89, 3.41(ECE), 261.

Yaay..Congratulations dude.. Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful piece of news..Feels great to know that the waitlist is moving

Hello guys,
I had my interview on feb 24th and I was waitlisted and Now I got an acceptance letter from them..
But I am not joining NYU as I already sent my UCLA deposit..
So one more spot for u guys :thumbup: :luck:
good luck to all those who are waiting for NYU :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,
I had my interview on feb 24th and I was waitlisted and Now I got an acceptance letter from them..
Hi ,Dentaldoc,
Congrats.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi,
Any one out there who attended interview on march 17th at NYU? Did did you hear from them?

snowdrop

meetlife said:
Hi ,Dentaldoc,
Congrats.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,

CONGRATULATIONS LUCKY BIRD!!!!

Hi all the wailist and used-to-be wailist people,
Did all of you notice that you received the wailist letters a week later than the people in your batch who received the acceptance letters?
Well, right now I'm so anxious about my status as many people in my batch did got their acceptance many days ago and I do not get anything as yet. Does that mean it's over? Please somebody tell me.
Thanks for all the replies.

I was interviewed on the 24'th and I got my 'waitlist' letter today. :(

prady said:
ajay, call me up asap!prady
sorry prady for the late reply.i received my interview letter a couple days ago and i've it scheduled for the 14th of april.my scores:89%,3.67 and 263.
don't worry you'll get yours too!!!!!!!!!what rae your scores?????

AjayDas said:
I was interviewed on the 24'th and I got my 'waitlist' letter today. :(
ajaydas could u pls give me ur phone no i m so worried u know i m with u on the same day i didnt get any letter today and another thing where did u live if u live in ny its possible for u to get it earlierly

Hey Gujjudent,
I just reached Chennai. My parents got the letter 2 days back [UPS Courier]. If you haven't heard from them yet, take it positively. I must have acted way too dumb to get waitlisted so FAST. The letter was dated 28'th. I guess UPS is getting more and more efficient [Or I was dumped right after my interview :p}

AjayDas said:
Hey Gujjudent,
I just reached Chennai. My parents got the letter 2 days back [UPS Courier]. If you haven't heard from them yet, take it positively. I must have acted way too dumb to get waitlisted so FAST. The letter was dated 28'th. I guess UPS is getting more and more efficient [Or I was dumped right after my interview :p}
Oh....I am so sorry....all the best......hopefully u get in this year....I so much wish... :thumbup: :luck:

hi blacktooth,
my stats-85,260,3.5;losing all hopes!
blacktooth said:
sorry prady for the late reply.i received my interview letter a couple days ago and i've it scheduled for the 14th of april.my scores:89%,3.67 and 263.
don't worry you'll get yours too!!!!!!!!!what rae your scores?????

Hi all,
Did NYU ever send the rejection letter to anyone after the interview? Or they just place everyone who are not accepted on the waitlist? I'm really concerned about this. If anyone know anything about this matter, please answer. Thanks.

candies said:
Hi all,
Did NYU ever send the rejection letter to anyone after the interview? Or they just place everyone who are not accepted on the waitlist? I'm really concerned about this. If anyone know anything about this matter, please answer. Thanks.
hi everybody i m waiting for nyu letter.is there anyone get the letter who had interview on 24 march