NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nily

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to NYU this fall?
Does anyone know the school or heard about it?
I didn't get a chance to chat with students there during my interview so I don't know much about my future school (I mean, the informal stuff).
Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

I am familiar with NYU dental. It is a large school with a large class. Everyone has their own opinions, but I am very comfortable with this school. There are many things I like about this school. If you want to know any other info., post it and I get back.

hi, thanks for your reply!
i'm glad you're familiar with the school.
Do you know anything about how well students perform on boards, the kind of preparation they give, general class atmoshphere....?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am assuming you will be attending NYU this fall or why else would you be interested in this school.

I am sure you know, the 200+ students can be a negative but a positive. The large class size allows you to meet different diverse people. Generally, you will find different types of people, some are very competitive, most are not and are quite lay back.

In terms of prep for the boards, it all depends on you. If you want to study and learn you do well anywhere or any exams. So has a lot to do with your motivation and personality. Anyway best of luck.

Like Happy said, the more you study for the boards, the better you will do. The school more than prepare you for the boards. They throw you so much info, you don't know what to do with it sometimes. But anyhow, all the materials is there, it's up to you to do well. My groups' scores ranged from 88-93. So they did fairly well. They really did not study that hard for the test. All in all everyone studied for it in one week. Everyone were so tired from second year that they took the first of the two weeks to relax. But the point is, the more you study, the better you will do. As for clinic, you will gain the most clinical experience here than any where else in the country. We have such a large patient pool, you have experience with all sorts of people from all walks of life. For example right now I am working on four multiple unit bridges, 7-8 partial cases, 3 full denture, 6-7 endo in the works, 3 implant cases which i will be inserting. This is just the beggining of the fourth year. So as you can see, it's a lot of clinical experience. So if you come, you'll see the negative sides..like class size and and politics, but you'll go away with a lot of clinical experience.