nyu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

how long does it take for them to review and respond after you got the "application complete" postcard?

Members don't see this ad.

a while: my "app complete" postcard was dated aug 31, and my interview invite was dated around oct 21.

If it's been a long time since your app was complete, you may want to give them a call.

When I called after waiting almost 3 months, they notified me that my file had been reviewed once and no interview decision was made and it will be reviewed again in January.

It wasn't a totally positive response, but it gave me piece of mind that they had looked at my file and not to expect any word from them until at least January, so I stopped worrying about hearing from them in the meantime.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU seems pretty disorganized... I got an interview invite before they sent me my application complete card.
But all in all - between the time my application was really complete (i.e. the LORs were delivered to them) and the time my interview was offered was about 2 weeks. I could be an exception though - I live around the corner from NYU and they were looking for someone to interview on the saturday before christmas.
Call them - they're nice, if not organized.

i just called nyu and got the same message as nyc non-trad. damn.....this sucks big time. well at least it's not a rejection. but i work at nyu and every morning i see interviewees strolling in for the morning interview and i see the "admissions interview this way" sign posted up all over, and it pisses me off.

Originally posted by NYC Non-Trad
If it's been a long time since your app was complete, you may want to give them a call.

When I called after waiting almost 3 months, they notified me that my file had been reviewed once and no interview decision was made and it will be reviewed again in January.

It wasn't a totally positive response, but it gave me piece of mind that they had looked at my file and not to expect any word from them until at least January, so I stopped worrying about hearing from them in the meantime.

I called them today and they told me the exact same thing, and they said i would hear for sure by feb 15

Just a heads up, I called NYU today to schedule an interview and found out they only have open interview slots for their last week of interviewing. The gentlemen said that those would probably be gone by the end of this week. I put the letter on my web site incase anyone wants to take a look at the dates that they do interview.

I would not lose hope though, because I suspect as people cancel interviews, slots will open up for others to use.

Best of luck.
and

So that's it? NYU is done for anyone who has not heard?

i don't know if that is possible that they could be done interviewing already...i got the same reply as ny non-trad when i called too so they must interview a few people if they still review...maybe it is just much less than in the first round????

nyu sucks. i know someone who got an interview b/c she knew someone on the committee...i guess that's how it is at every school...connections must work. she'll probably get in and go there b/c that's her first choice school. the girl's connection wasn't even related to her...a boyfriend's mother's best friend...my god! can this process get any more scandalous?

Originally posted by AussieNYC
nyu sucks.

i concur. but then again, if i get an interview invite my perspective may change

hi guys!
I'm going to cancel my NYU interview soon!
I just got in to Cornell!!!!
:clap: :clap:
good luck.

congratulations, darkchild! you are awesome!

ahhhh, what i wouldn't give to have the interview spot the saturday before christmas. i'll actually be passing through NYC that day on my way back home. . . oh well, i can always dream.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats darkchild!!!! :clap: man...I love cornell sooo much...

here comes the inevitable questions....so I figure I'd get it out of the way for you... :laugh: :laugh:

when did you interview and did they contact you through email? thanks!

NYU is awesome! I really hope I get an interview there. Someone I know interviewed there in March--does that mean they're booked up through then already??

Congrats Darkchild! If you don't mind my asking, when did u interview at Cornell?

Originally posted by cabruen
Just a heads up, I called NYU today to schedule an interview and found out they only have open interview slots for their last week of interviewing. The gentlemen said that those would probably be gone by the end of this week. I put the letter on my web site incase anyone wants to take a look at the dates that they do interview.

I would not lose hope though, because I suspect as people cancel interviews, slots will open up for others to use.

Best of luck.
and

:eek:
:mad:
:(

Does anyone know when NYU starts sending out acceptances? I interviewed at the begining of November.

Good luck to everyone else applying there. Hope you all get interviews.

hey guys thanks for the well wishes.
I got into Cornell's MD/PhD program. The director calls all the acceptees - I think there's like 30 of us. From what I understand, MDs applications roll out later... eventhough I'm not sure when

no offense to you Darkchild when in my earlier i proclaimed that "nyu sucks"...Congrats!:clap:

Did NYU notify interviewees by email or snail mail and big or small letter?

snail mail, small envelope (2 pages, i think, inside).
good luck

bumb - Does anyone know when NYU starts sending out acceptances/rejections for people who have interviewed?

Can I just say this "ta da! we're done with interviews!" thing at NYU is total bollocks? WTF?

I say we storm the place and seize our interviewers while they sleep.

Youth Up Now!

found out they only have open interview slots for their last week of interviewing. The gentlemen said that those would probably be gone by the end of this week.

I just saw this thread and what bruen said . . . is that true? . . . is NYU done handing out interviews? . . . cuz that would really really suck . . . someone please say it aint so . . .

when i called them they said they would be reviewing app again in january so i don't understand they could have filled up all the interview slots. does that mean everyone else gets a rejection soon?

I was not trying to demoralize anybody or take away any hope. I just tried to relate information that I had been given during my telephone conversation with them.

Originally posted by samyjay
I called them today and they told me the exact same thing, and they said i would hear for sure by feb 15

same here.

anybody else know what the deal is with their "filled" interview slots?