NYUCD students...where to live?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemGal316

NYUCD Class of 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be attending NYUCD class of 2017 and I am starting to think about where I will live...

I currently live on Long Island however I know that commute will be too stressful for me so I am looking to move to where the commute will be much easier for me. I have heard that Astoria is not bad ..how is the commute from there? Also, where do most students find themselves living in the city?

I guess I am just looking for some tips so I can get started with apartment hunting, especially because I am so excited! Thanks for the help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

What is your budget a month and how long of a commute is acceptable for you?

So I will be attending NYUCD class of 2017 and I am starting to think about where I will live...

I currently live on Long Island however I know that commute will be too stressful for me so I am looking to move to where the commute will be much easier for me. I have heard that Astoria is not bad ..how is the commute from there? Also, where do most students find themselves living in the city?

I guess I am just looking for some tips so I can get started with apartment hunting, especially because I am so excited! Thanks for the help in advance!
I've been wondering the same thing, and currently on Long Island as well. Right now its an hour commute from me but i hear from most parts of queens its still a good 40 min. I'm not sure if the 20 minutes is worth the rent. Are you definitely going to NYU or do you still have interviews?

hey ChemGal, I live in Brooklyn and my commute to NYUCD is a little less than an hour. I know quite a few other students who commute from brooklyn as well. A few other students commute from queens, approximately the same travel time. Just depends on what area you like more.
Good luck!